Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner Recommendation South Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner Recommendation South Louisiana

I have a stock 11 c6 ls3 auto that I installed a e-force with a 3.50 pulley, z06 pump and would like to know if anyone can recommend a reputable tuner in my area. I was hoping to run the canned tune till I either learn hp tuner or give up and find a tuner. After I installed the e-force I felt it was low on power and went to a dyno day/without wideband at a tuner I never heard of before and it was low .I know of a few places and would like some input from others on a list I have or anyone else I haven't heard of. I wasn't going to put headers on till later after I play with hp tuners but if I need to get a tune I will put them on now and get it over with. Dyno sheet, tune and data log. Sorry no wideband I am waiting on EIO PLUG that I ordered.
Tune By Norm (Dyno Day)
Futral Motorsports
Ragin Racing
Engine Power Systems (EPS)
Darren Blanchard
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
2011 c6 ls3 auto E-FORCE.hpt (1.41 MB, 44 views)
File Type: hpl
test1.hpl (2.58 MB, 46 views)

Last edited by bad1968ss; 07-05-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:52 PM
Launching!

you've got all the tools you need except a wideband. if you can attain one and exhibit patience and a cautious approach, between here and the HP forum you'll be able to tune it yourself over a couple of weeks.

couple of start points. disable "enrich desoot mode" in the fuel>general section.
disable the fuel and spark cut switches under "fast torque exit" in the engine>torque management section.
disable catalyst protection "COT switch" in fuel>temperature control section
zero out the "Base vs. cylair delta" table in the spark>retard>burst knock retard section
zero out the "piston slap" , "VCT spark" and all of the "catalyist heating" tables in the spark>advance section

from there that file is set up so you only have to calibrate the MAF for fueling. your wideband will guide you there. once that's don't you can throw some spark at it and make some power
Old 07-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Luke19901
you've got all the tools you need except a wideband. if you can attain one and exhibit patience and a cautious approach, between here and the HP forum you'll be able to tune it yourself over a couple of weeks.

couple of start points. disable "enrich desoot mode" in the fuel>general section.
disable the fuel and spark cut switches under "fast torque exit" in the engine>torque management section.
disable catalyst protection "COT switch" in fuel>temperature control section
zero out the "Base vs. cylair delta" table in the spark>retard>burst knock retard section
zero out the "piston slap" , "VCT spark" and all of the "catalyist heating" tables in the spark>advance section

from there that file is set up so you only have to calibrate the MAF for fueling. your wideband will guide you there. once that's don't you can throw some spark at it and make some power
The only thing I am missing is the EIO PLUG I missed placed and have one coming. I have a AEM 30-4110 I got with the hp tuners years back but never really got into wanting to learn until now. Time is not a problem but as you know from reading post on tuning most do not like to spoon feed as they say and to someone new it could be costly. Back to the wideband from what I read the bung should be placed before the cats if I am correct but having the stock exhaust and I would have to weld a bung or can you tune out the cats and place it there temporary. I have a set of headers catless that will be here next week but didn't want to compound everything at once. Should I wait for the wideband setup get a data log and then go from there with the suggestions you made . By the ways thanks for your advice
Old 07-06-2018, 12:36 AM
Launching!

wideband needs to be pre cats yes.

you can ask your car for full open loop fuel control for tuning. if you do that you can remove one of the factory sensors. I wouldn't be scared about fitting your new headers before tuning. its going to be better for the engine when it can breathe and the gas doesn't have to go through a restrictive cat.

if you're smart, cautious and sensible about your data changes you'll be fine. for example don't go adding 10 degrees at once or removing 45% of fuel. just little bits at a time and then collect and analyse the post change data. that way your car lives and you learn.

there's a few guys on there myself included that don't mind helping. if you can see someone has made an attempt at solving a problem or they've gone hunting for documents to teach them how to fix a tune issue etc then I'm more than happy to help. provided its something I know how to fix. They only get real cranky at the guys that join up and their first post is "hey can I get a base file for a 6.0 75mm single 230/245 cam auto on e85" and expect it served on a silver platter
Old 07-06-2018, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Luke19901
wideband needs to be pre cats yes.

you can ask your car for full open loop fuel control for tuning. if you do that you can remove one of the factory sensors. I wouldn't be scared about fitting your new headers before tuning. its going to be better for the engine when it can breathe and the gas doesn't have to go through a restrictive cat.

if you're smart, cautious and sensible about your data changes you'll be fine. for example don't go adding 10 degrees at once or removing 45% of fuel. just little bits at a time and then collect and analyse the post change data. that way your car lives and you learn.

there's a few guys on there myself included that don't mind helping. if you can see someone has made an attempt at solving a problem or they've gone hunting for documents to teach them how to fix a tune issue etc then I'm more than happy to help. provided its something I know how to fix. They only get real cranky at the guys that join up and their first post is "hey can I get a base file for a 6.0 75mm single 230/245 cam auto on e85" and expect it served on a silver platter
I will go ahead and wait till the headers get here as they show to be delivered on the 10th. During the waiting time I will remove the factory exhaust and learn as much as I can time permitting. I installed the e-force myself and read about the z06 pump swap on the c6 auto as hard compared to a m6, it wasn't all that bad to do. I think I rather do the fuel pump than take the rack out to pin the crank. Correct I am not looking push anything crazy, after seeing the dyno sheet I would have been better off with a cam, LT and stall with plenty of cash left over since I don't mind doing things myself. Having the canned tune is a big help to start with in my situation with limited of knowledge of tuning. I will go ahead and see if I can learn, 1:00 am here need to get a bit of rest for the early morning......thanks again for your help

Last edited by bad1968ss; 07-06-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Tuner Recommendation South Louisiana