Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CONFUSED Hp tuners MPVI2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 452 Likes on 347 Posts

Default CONFUSED Hp tuners MPVI2

Ok im coming from the 90's LT1 OBD1 computer witch has FREE.... yes FREE tuning software for anyone to download
Trying to get the correct stuff I need to tune the ls1 cars now.
I see the MPVI2 vcm suite for around $300 plus the credits of $50 each.
BUT it says "Package the MPVI2 together with VCM Editor and VCM Scanner" so does that mean I need to buy the editor and scanner to use all functions? There is not option to package anything together so im wondering if already comes with it....?
The website is very confusing on this!

Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

most cars are 2 credits.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by truckdoug
most cars are 2 credits.

Yes I understand that, but other than buying the MPVI2 vcm suite and 2 credits is there anything else required to purchase to be able to tune and datalog?
Old 07-11-2018, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you call or email them and ask them? I'm sure they can guide you on what you need to purchase in order to tune your vehicle correctly.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks thats an excellent Idea!
I just figured one of the thousand's of people on here might just know the answer instead of having to call but looks like im gonna have to talk to a human!
Thanks again
Old 07-11-2018, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Feel free to call us if you have questions, we are a dealer for HP Tuners and have it in our online store. You need to purchase the MPVI2 and atleast 2 credits (takes 2 for most vehicles 2017+ take more). That will allow you to tune 1 vehicle. It does not cost credits to data log, just to license a vehicle to flash it.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls7colorado
Yes I understand that, but other than buying the MPVI2 vcm suite and 2 credits is there anything else required to purchase to be able to tune and datalog?
I'm new to this, just took the plunge myself,

You will not be able to data log with a wideband until the Pro software ($249) update is available. For analog wideband connection with the new MPVI2 you will also need the expander hub (not yet available). The VCM software is free to download. My new MPVI arrives today but I've already downloaded the VCM and scanner software and have been importing other peoples posted tunes, playing around with the software getting my feet kinda wet.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedXray

You will not be able to data log with a wideband until the Pro software ($249) update is available. For analog wideband connection with the new MPVI2 you will also need the expander hub (not yet available). The VCM software is free to download. My new MPVI arrives today but I've already downloaded the VCM and scanner software and have been importing other peoples posted tunes, playing around with the software getting my feet kinda wet.
You can still take the analog output of your wideband and feed it into either the EGR sense pin or the ac pressure pin then log it that way. Works pretty decent.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

does the new interface add anything other than bluetooth?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

I came across this last week on the HP Tuners site.
MPVI2 Feature FAQ

If you have MPVI Standard or Pro and are thinking of upgrading
MPVI2 Upgrade FAQ
Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RedXray

You can data log with a serial wideband though a second usb plug on your laptop. Thats how we do it.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by truckdoug
does the new interface add anything other than bluetooth?

It adds more vehicle support, some vehicles are only supported with the 2.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls7colorado
Ok im coming from the 90's LT1 OBD1 computer witch has FREE.... yes FREE tuning software for anyone to download
Trying to get the correct stuff I need to tune the ls1 cars now.
I see the MPVI2 vcm suite for around $300 plus the credits of $50 each.
BUT it says "Package the MPVI2 together with VCM Editor and VCM Scanner" so does that mean I need to buy the editor and scanner to use all functions? There is not option to package anything together so im wondering if already comes with it....?
The website is very confusing on this!

Thanks
Hello, the VCM suite is our software and includes VCM editor and scanner. It comes with the MPVI 2 when purchased, and it is also available to download directly from our website

https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know or you can send an email to support@hptuners.com
Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
Feel free to call us if you have questions, we are a dealer for HP Tuners and have it in our online store. You need to purchase the MPVI2 and atleast 2 credits (takes 2 for most vehicles 2017+ take more). That will allow you to tune 1 vehicle. It does not cost credits to data log, just to license a vehicle to flash it.
thanks for the reply! Trying to decide between keeping the stock EFI or going carb but if I can get all the hardware and software for less than a carb intake and ignition controller then I might as well go EFI, it just won’t look as pretty
wil
Old 07-11-2018, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HPTuners
Hello, the VCM suite is our software and includes VCM editor and scanner. It comes with the MPVI 2 when purchased, and it is also available to download directly from our website

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know or you can send an email to support@hptuners.com
Thank you!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

When is an aprox date for the pro to be released? Do you offer any forum discount ?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ws6ls

When is an aprox date for the pro to be released? Do you offer any forum discount ?
We do not offer any discounts, I also do not have an aprox. date for the pro. It is currently being worked on, and has to go through a number of engineers before it is finished. It is difficult to estimate how long each person's task will take so we do not want to offer a release date until we know for sure.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

We do not offer any discounts, I also do not have an aprox. date for the pro. It is currently being worked on, and has to go through a number of engineers before it is finished. It is difficult to estimate how long each person's task will take so we do not want to offer a release date until we know for sure.
So if I buy 2 license for my car, and tune it now with the previous device and cable, am I able to use the same license once I get the new device and pro version? Or do I need to buy the license again when I buy the new mpvi2 pro?
Old 07-13-2018, 12:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ws6ls

So if I buy 2 license for my car, and tune it now with the previous device and cable, am I able to use the same license once I get the new device and pro version? Or do I need to buy the license again when I buy the new mpvi2 pro?
All of our current customers will have the option to upgrade to the MPVI 2 , the process is currently being worked on and should be available shortly (Upgrade cost will be $189). The process will include sending in your original device to transfer over all of your licensing and information onto the new MPVI 2. If you choose to keep your old device and get the MPVI 2 as an additional interface to use, then you will need to purchase licenses for it.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Can you use a tablet instead of a laptop?

Quick Reply: CONFUSED Hp tuners MPVI2