Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mpvi2+wideband when?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default mpvi2+wideband when?????

when is the expansion hub going to be ready and cost......
Old 11-04-2018, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

No release date as of yet, thats what they told us at sema last week. We sell a lot of MPVI2's and sell widebands that use serial out and dont have any issues.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

so it piggybacks the serial port? can this be used with non canbus computer cars (p01 and p59?)

which one do you prefer? anything comparable to the afr500v2 with the lab grade sensor?
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there is nothing out there for older ecus and the mpvi2. they originally told people by november.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

right from HPtuners.....they had this at SEMA???

Pro Link
- a simple IO device with analog inputs and other stuff
Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by truckdoug
so it piggybacks the serial port? can this be used with non canbus computer cars (p01 and p59?)

which one do you prefer? anything comparable to the afr500v2 with the lab grade sensor?

For P01 and P059 we use innovate LC-2 with a serial to usb adapter and plug it into a second usb port. Works great!.

Originally Posted by lsxmalibu
right from HPtuners.....they had this at SEMA???

Pro Link
- a simple IO device with analog inputs and other stuff
They had a non working model on display. For P01 and P059 we use innovate LC-2 with a serial to usb adapter and plug it into a second usb port. Works great!.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

So when HP annouced a projected release date for November were they specific if the PRO is for both or just the canbus versions to start and then for analog at a later date?

That's always been the marketing strategy. Release what gets the most sales first (obvious to do that) and then wait months to work on and release a product with less sales volume.

For example (EFI live for the (98's, HPT tuners for the (98's), Racetronix for the (98's) and so on

I'm ready to buy and have been for months, but pretty much useless if I can't data log with it. So I still have to use EFI Live V1 to data log which is analog. The cost to upgrade EFI live to V2 to get serial is the same as purchasing HPT tuners and even then no custom OS for 98's with EFI Live unless I change the PCM to 99-2002. So the better solution is HP with Pro.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 11-05-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
For P01 and P059 we use innovate LC-2 with a serial to usb adapter and plug it into a second usb port. Works great!.

more details.....I have a 411 ecu and was going to use the a/c or egr pressure wiring .

Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lsxmalibu
more details.....I have a 411 ecu and was going to use the a/c or egr pressure wiring .
http://www.lsxpowertuning.com/online...egory=30793043

Old 11-05-2018, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If all you guys are wanting to do is log wideband then to hell with that pro version. The serial port works awesome and its super simple. Just get you a serial to usb adapter and plug it in to a usb on your laptop and HP Tuners will find the data stream and log it. You dont have to setup anything. Of course you need to select the wideband in the serial input of your scanner. HP Tuners already has it all configured for most of the popular widebands.

I was using my ac pressure switch and trying to get the right offset so my actual afr was matching what hp tuners was logging. If you are trying to do that then you need to throw that **** in the bushes. The serial port deal rocks!
Old 11-05-2018, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 548 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force
If all you guys are wanting to do is log wideband then to hell with that pro version. The serial port works awesome and its super simple. Just get you a serial to usb adapter and plug it in to a usb on your laptop and HP Tuners will find the data stream and log it. You dont have to setup anything. Of course you need to select the wideband in the serial input of your scanner. HP Tuners already has it all configured for most of the popular widebands.

I was using my ac pressure switch and trying to get the right offset so my actual afr was matching what hp tuners was logging. If you are trying to do that then you need to throw that **** in the bushes. The serial port deal rocks!
What if you only have one usb on your computer? I do have a micro usb port though
Old 11-05-2018, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I log two pressure sensors in addition to a top shelf wideband, not a shitty innovate

until they figure out the analog inputs, **** 'em
Old 11-05-2018, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
What if you only have one usb on your computer? I do have a micro usb port though
micro to usb adapter

I log two pressure sensors in addition to a top shelf wideband, not a shitty innovate

until they figure out the analog inputs, **** 'em
Lol.... I have probably 10-15 widebands ranging from $200 to a $1000 and have cheap sensors and also expensive lab grade sensors. I run 2 widebands in 99% of the vehicles I tune, one lab grade and one innovate or aem and guess what, they are within .1 each other. If your relying on a wideband your doing it wrong anyways. There is no magic afr so if its makes peak power at 12.5 vs 12.6 does it matter? A wideband is just a tuning tool and a reference, in the end the spark plugs tell you what you need to know. Ground offsets with analog are more of an issue than using serial and a cheaper wideband. Once you use serial you wont use analog...We have been using serial for 10+ years.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

sorry man I just cant give any love to innovate. every single one of their products i've used has been garbage.

dont conflate my love of the ballenger WB with an inability to tune a motor, read plugs etc.

I know you've been in the game a lot longer than me, but that doesn't make my experience null and void.

cherry picking that argument and leaving out the pressure sensors? thats not cool. what are you doing to log fuel pressure or drive pressure with the mvpi2?

I know you have skin in this game, you sell these products and are a paid sponsor here. I respect that. I don't however have to follow your line of thinking that the new is the best way.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

I never said the MPVI2 is better but the MPVI1 is discontinued and the MPVI2 is the replacement weather you or I like it. It has nothing to do with selling them, honestly I made more on MPVI1 vs the 2. I just gave solutions to logging widebands with a MPVI2 with no analog inputs. I dont even use the analog inputs on my MPVI1, serial is faster and no ground offsets from vehicle to vehicle. We hardly ever log fuel pressure with hpt or efi, less than 1% of the time. If we suspect there is an fuel pressure issue we either log in the dyno, with nitrous/ boost controller or just put a fuel pressure gauge on the vehicle and video it while on the dyno. We do the video the most since its the fastest and it usually only takes a single pull to see a fuel pressure issue.

Innovate is not the best or close to it but the average person tuning there own single vehicle doesnt need a $400 wideband. If we have a lc2 or 4.9 sensor act up we just throw it away and move on. In the end most of the people will tune wot, part throttle and then turn on CL and use the fuel trims for part throttle so a high dollar wideband wouldnt help them any over a lc2 IMO. I dont think your ballenger WB made your tune any better vs if you used an AEM, innovate, plex or any other other wideband. Im not knocking a ballenger, I have one on my dyno and it use it daily.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 548 Likes on 428 Posts

sorry man I just cant give any love to innovate. every single one of their products i've used has been garbage.

dont conflate my love of the ballenger WB with an inability to tune a motor, read plugs etc.

I know you've been in the game a lot longer than me, but that doesn't make my experience null and void.

cherry picking that argument and leaving out the pressure sensors? thats not cool. what are you doing to log fuel pressure or drive pressure with the mvpi2?

I know you have skin in this game, you sell these products and are a paid sponsor here. I respect that. I don't however have to follow your line of thinking that the new is the best way.

What exactly is the problem with innovate? i been having one for about 2-3 years and I've never had an issue with it that I know of. What should i be looking for?
Old 11-05-2018, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
I never said the MPVI2 is better but the MPVI1 is discontinued and the MPVI2 is the replacement weather you or I like it.
fair enough. what's true is true.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
What exactly is the problem with innovate? i been having one for about 2-3 years and I've never had an issue with it that I know of. What should i be looking for?
man where do I begin. let me just trash one company at a time lol. just google innovate wideband problems and you'll find a running list. I've had all of them. from the floating ground problems with the lc1 4.2 sensor era unit to continually eating sensors with the newer lc2 and mtx-l 4.9 sensor units.

if yours has behaved, thats rad. no more for me please.
The following users liked this post:
n2xlr8n66 (09-12-2021)
Old 11-05-2018, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm with Doug on the Innovate stuff. The one I had was cool for a short while and it started getting weird. I was new to tuning at the time so I thought it was me. Even worse it wasn't consistently bad initially making the problem more difficult to spot. Even with a new sensor the problems continued. Once I realized I was chasing my tail because of the wideband I bought an AEM, went serial input and haven't looked back. I would have gone to one of the CAN based models but my mainstay are non-CAN Gen III cars.
The following users liked this post:
n2xlr8n66 (09-12-2021)
Old 11-05-2018, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Force

More info on whats needed. What cable....how do you connect the wideband signal output to the usb