Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Read my log and tune....Newbie Blown Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read my log and tune....Newbie Blown Tuning Help

New to the site and fumbling my way through HP Tuners and LS motors in general (former ford guy)

I have an 02 Sierra LM7 with 212/218 114LSA high lift TSP cam/springs, 862 Heads, stock bottom end, 80lb Deka's, front intercooled Torqstorm blower, all through a built 4L60e.

I've been making small change and having some success. Truck idles and runs stoich for most part outside of the occasional lean spot on initial accel. I'm logging wideband via EGR sensor and user math.

Hoping someone can take a peak at my tune and log and give some suggestions. Specifically on VE correction and PE/BE....I'm a little lost on this one.

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
18-11-17 13-11-11.hpl (718.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: xml
Use These Channels.Channels.xml (918 Bytes, 67 views)
111618.Charts.xml (5.9 KB, 102 views)
New tables 11_13_18.Graphs.xml (3.7 KB, 110 views)
Old 11-26-2018, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I didn't think Deka 80's were 101# at 58psi.
Power Enrich--Enable--MAP 85kpa. Delay--0rpm. Enrichment Rate--Ramp In 2.0000
Your higher rpm spark table looks high. With that blower I would start around 17 degrees at 102kpa and 4000rpm and up, and blend it in. That kinda looks like a na spark table.
If you have a lean tip in spot, locate it on your scanner, either with stft's or your wideband and richen the cells in the ve and maf that need it.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest you zero out the delay RPM for PE and set the Throttle enable tables to at least half what the currently are. I would also set the enrichment rate to 1.8 or 2.0 in your application to enrich it a little quicker on acceleration or PE entry.

your VE table shape and injector flow rate suggest you have a return style fuel system with boost refenced regulator. if this is not the case it needs correction, if it is then its set up correctly.

your BE looks good. for a centri blower you can hold off BE until 110 ish KPA as they're not super aggressive in their airflow. holding back until 110KPA can make the AFR curve through the PE to BE transition look a little smoother. with a PD blower or turbo you cant do that. you need BE to enable as soon as there is positive pressure to supply enough injector PW to match the aggressive change in dynamic airflow and air mass. there is nothing wrong with what you have for BE though.

with that set you just need to gather AFR data from a wideband, calculate the % of error between wideband data and your target AFR at that specific RPM and MAP point and edit the respective cell in the VE table by that %. slowly but surely youre VE table will be calibrated to within a small % or your target AFR that you log with your wideband,

once PE and BE is set correctly for your preference and application it shuldnt be edited to change fueling. that should all be done with the VE table