PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0132, P0134, P0155 Car runs terrible!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0132, P0134, P0155 Car runs terrible!

Back story: I recently bought a 98 Camaro that had a head/cam swap, long tubes ( I've got exhaust leaks probably less than a foot after the o2s. rear o2s deleted) and all the other associated stuff that typically goes along with a head/cam car and 0411 PCM swap. since owning the car I've noticed a few things that weren't put back together very well and i have p0132, p0134, and p0155 codes; all oxygen sensor related and the car runs like ****. i replaced the O2's and still have the same problems. I've read tons of other posts and i'm convinced its a wire somewhere but i'm not sure how to go about figuring which one. i checked power and ground at the o2 connector and they both seem good but i'm not sure how to go about checking the readings for the tan and purple wires to the PCM. i'm curious if there is a short somewhere between the connector and the PCM? I also felt around the back of the driver cylinder head and noticed three ground wires. One of them was broke or I broke it when i was feeling around. I haven't fixed it yet but i will. I checked each one of the three grounds using the ohm setting and two came back 0.000 and one read OL (one of the grounds that were actually connected). I've also read that it could be a MAF or Temp sensor? I dropped it off with the tuner and he didn't want to do anything until those issues were sorted. Please help and thank you in advance!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 183 Likes on 145 Posts

Those tan and purple wires can be checked for open and short with a multimeter. You will need to disconnect the large connectors at the PCM to get to the end of these wires.

Rick
Old 03-02-2019, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GOT LS1
... ( I've got exhaust leaks probably less than a foot after the o2s. rear o2s deleted)....
I would highly recommend fixing the exhaust leaks first before throwing any more parts at it and pulling your hair out trying to chase DTC codes with a known mechanical problem.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Teching In

I heard the exhaust leaks could affect o2s, i just didnt think it would matter much if it was after the o2 sensor.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Default One code left. P0134?

Its getting better! I only have P0134 now. I've replaced O2s, completely new exhaust from headers back (old system had tons of leaks plus I wanted something different), and checked the wiring for power and ground. Only thing I haven't checked is the tan/wht and ppl/wht for open to the PCM. I'll try to do that this weekend. I'm thinking its possible the wires may have been switched around with the rear O2s as well. I'm just wondering if anyone has any other ideas. If the wires are good then I'm completely out of ideas. By the way, on a scanner the O2 just constantly hangs around .45v, bank two oscillates as it should.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Default I figured out my P0134!

well, i disconnected the PCM and the O2 to check for open in the wires and they turned out to be good. I scratched my head a few times then decided to look at the pins themselves in the PCM, and there it was! Pin 69 was recessed so it wasn't making contact, causing the P0134. hopefully this helps someone in the future and thanks to everyone that helped me.