Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 6.2 Denali knock everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 14 6.2 Denali knock everywhere

I was in the process of tuning a friends 6.2 Denali stock other than a Volant intake. I started out bumping timing 2 degrees and got massive knock stabbing the throttle. It’s audible. So I flashed the stock tune and got the same. Even on the stock tune normal driving it pulls 2-5 degrees everywhere and knocks audibly with any throttle transition. This thing has to have a tank of water right? I can’t for the life of me figure out anything else that will cause it. Motor sounds healthy at idle and steady throttle parked. Anybody have any other ideas?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I was in the process of tuning a friends 6.2 Denali stock other than a Volant intake. I started out bumping timing 2 degrees and got massive knock stabbing the throttle. It’s audible. So I flashed the stock tune and got the same. Even on the stock tune normal driving it pulls 2-5 degrees everywhere and knocks audibly with any throttle transition. This thing has to have a tank of water right? I can’t for the life of me figure out anything else that will cause it. Motor sounds healthy at idle and steady throttle parked. Anybody have any other ideas?
Welcome to the club. I've had the same problem with my Yukon Denali except mine is an 07. I've driven it over two years and it hasn't taken a dump yet. I'm now about to supercharged it
Old 04-06-2019, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Also if you use shell you will get allot of knock retard.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

What fuel type? 87 will in fact "knock everywhere" hence the entire reason the tune includes knock learn and a low octane table. If this is not a factor, check your MAF, and AFR's. On 93 it should not knock on a stock tune, except maybe on hard transitions and occasionally at WOT. Are you getting any lean spikes on transitions?

Can you post a log?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Well he originally told me it was 93 octane. Then went on to remember he had 87. He also told me the hammer smacking knock it lets out it had done ever since day one free revving it. I told him he has to have a tank of water or regular. He took it straight and put 30 worth of premium in it and all audible knock went away. And basically all zeros across the board. After about giving both of us a stroke we left fueling and timing alone and just removed some torque management dod etc. he was happy with it but after messing with that one some after the knock went away I realize they hate fuel. I wouldn’t imagine on good fuel leaning out the PE and bumping timing would make a big difference. We both stroked out and decided to call it good.