Sponsored by:

--IAT vs Resistor vs Reported Temperature

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 05:10 PM
ly6
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default --IAT vs Resistor vs Reported Temperature

Hi, when going SD you have to install a iat in front of the TB, what iat model are you using? Do the model is related to the ecm model? Do all those iat sensor all have the same resistance vs temps value? If not can it be fixe with HPT? Just try to understand the normal way to do it to be able to go one step further.

All those question comme down to one mod, if I remplace the map sensor on my ls3 intake with a T-map to eliminate the normaly use iat sensor in front of the TB, what gone apen with the resistance value of the new T-map, Do I have to look for a specific T-map with specific resistance vs temps value or I will be able to fixe everiting with HPT?

What do you think of the T-map option?
Old 05-21-2019, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts

Not sure if the PCM will recognize the "IAT" signal from a TMAP, as those are simply on different reference wires. I would assume you could wire the temp signal from the TMAP into the IAT input on the PCM, but you will have to know which wire is what. The other option would be installing the IAT in the manifold in the alternate MAP location normally provided on aftermarket intakes. If not, drilling a hole in an area behind the TB in a suitable location is another way to get it done.

Yes there is a table in HPT that can adjust the IAT sensor cal.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 AM
ly6
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
Not sure if the PCM will recognize the "IAT" signal from a TMAP, as those are simply on different reference wires. I would assume you could wire the temp signal from the TMAP into the IAT input on the PCM, but you will have to know which wire is what. The other option would be installing the IAT in the manifold in the alternate MAP location normally provided on aftermarket intakes. If not, drilling a hole in an area behind the TB in a suitable location is another way to get it done.

Yes there is a table in HPT that can adjust the IAT sensor cal.
Thanks ChopperDoc, I will take a look at the wiring diagram to se if it make sence, normally in a T-MAP the MAP and IAT share the ground, so if the computer red on the positive side on the IAT it should work just fine.

Very happy that HPT have table to ramp the new IAT value.