Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 98 411 swap tune and clutch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 98 411 swap tune and clutch wiring

Hello, I’ve had my pcm swap done for almost a year now. I ended up just ordering a mail order tune from a reputable tuner and while the car runs much better with the tune, and I am more than happy with that part of the tune, I still have no fuel gauge. I tried contacting the tuner again, but haven't gotten a response. Its possible my emails didn't go through (it happened a few times while discussing the tune). Any idea on what to check physically on the car that could be an issue? I just repinned it again today and made sure the pins were in the correct spots and correctly in place.The fuel gauge does move a little when I turn the key so I know the gauge isn't a dud. I pulled the tune from the pcm to confirm it was the tune I was sent and that it did download (I got the tune through email). Is there anyone will to take a look at my tune that knows what they are doing? The car is getting a cam and heads soon, but I know the fuel gauge is a bit unique and my dyno tuner doesn't have experience with that so thats the whole reason I ordered the tune. And lastly, anyone know how to wire in the clutch switch so I do not get the code? Thank you all for your help!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

What file format do you have the tune in?
Old 06-08-2019, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

i did the 411 swap in my 98. I have a 2002 operating system in my 411 so did a fuel segment swap with a 2002 chevy express van, then you have to adjust a few things to get it to work, I found the info using google in the hptuners forum.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160
What file format do you have the tune in?
Hptuners. Sorry didnt think to add that.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuel segment swap no longer needed.
Can you check the tune?
You just need to enable PWM for the gauge, use 140.63 Hz for the PWM frequency, modify fuel tank volume and invert the tables.
When repining the harness, the fuel level output signal should also have been changed from red 36 to red 38.
Thats it.