PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Ls2 btr stage 2 cam, fast 102 baseline ignition map

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019 | 11:18 PM
Teching In

Default Ls2 btr stage 2 cam, fast 102 baseline ignition map

2006 911 AWD LS2 BTR stage 2 Fast 102, shorty headers, true dual with cats
I received a base tune for my car and noticed the ignition timing didn’t seem ideal. I am probably one of a few tuning in Alpha N but wanted to see if I can get some insight from some of the more seasoned self tuners about my timing.
The car will eventually end up on a rolling road but I wanted to get the tune dialed in as good as possible to cut down on dyno time. I’m assuming ignition timing should be similar regardless if one is using AlphaN vs speed density.

Last edited by yamii; 07-07-2019 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Sp.
Old 07-08-2019 | 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yamii

2006 911 AWD LS2 BTR stage 2 Fast 102, shorty headers, true dual with cats
I received a base tune for my car and noticed the ignition timing didn’t seem ideal. I am probably one of a few tuning in Alpha N but wanted to see if I can get some insight from some of the more seasoned self tuners about my timing.
The car will eventually end up on a rolling road but I wanted to get the tune dialed in as good as possible to cut down on dyno time. I’m assuming ignition timing should be similar regardless if one is using AlphaN vs speed density.

Can anyone share their LS2 mild cam ignition maps?
Old 07-08-2019 | 08:07 PM
TECH Resident
20 Year Member

start with 02 z06 timing tables
Old 07-08-2019 | 08:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SLP IROC-Z
start with 02 z06 timing tables
Sorry for the silly question but would ignition timing be drastically different for the same engine if it gets tuned using speed density vs AlphaN? The reasons i ask is because I have access to an ignition map from a ls6 with an aggressive cam with similar bolt ons but it was tuned in speed density and my tune is in AlphaN. I was going to start with that as a baseline timing map. Thanks again for the insight. I may jump over to the mega squirt forum as they seem to be familiar with AlphaN.