Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loading injector data?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Loading injector data?

Hey guys I’m new to the tuning aspect and my buddy who usually helps can’t free up for a while. I’ve done basic data logging etc before but never made any drastic changes with HP tuners

i just finished installing new 4303 pump, and FIC 2000 injectors. I have the data from FIC and have watched a few you tube videos (lol) on how to upload it into the tune. It’s being a pain when I try to copy and paste it.

Point me in the right direction if you guys can.. thanks.

I attached the FIC info and I can upload a tune file if you guys need to see that as well.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
FIC2000BOSCHLSXHPT.xlsx (302.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 08-22-2019, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

car is on e85 and previously had FIC 127's in it. My view Of the data is completely different then "the tuning school" you tube videos im referencing. They say to go to the same version of info provided as my hp tuners. There’s no multiple versions, just a collection of tons of different charts etc.

I attached a copy of the tune as well now
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Nov 10 Tune.hpt (228.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by j-mart32; 08-22-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:03 PM
EWY
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j-mart32
car is on e85 and previously had FIC 127's in it. My view Of the data is completely different then "the tuning school" you tube videos im referencing. They say to go to the same version of info provided as my hp tuners. There’s no multiple versions, just a collection of tons of different charts etc.

I attached a copy of the tune as well now
You have to select that tables that match your operating system. I was able to update your tables but i can not save it since i do not have a license for your file. What I did do is highlight the tables you need on the excel document. When pasting the Injector flow rate table make sure you use the correct units. You have the option to paste it in lb/hr or g/sec.

-Ed
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
FIC2000BOSCHLSXHPT.EWYEdit.xlsx (307.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-22-2019, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EWY
You have to select that tables that match your operating system. I was able to update your tables but i can not save it since i do not have a license for your file. What I did do is highlight the tables you need on the excel document. When pasting the Injector flow rate table make sure you use the correct units. You have the option to paste it in lb/hr or g/sec.

-Ed
Wow thank you a bunch. Having it high lighted definitely helps! I’ll give it a go now and see how I make out. Too bad it couldn’t save, I’d put the tune in and try to start it right now damnit haha

Correct me if im wrong but once the injector data is in, it should run back to normal without any other adjustments even though I have bigger fuel lines and pump now?
Old 08-22-2019, 08:13 PM
EWY
Teching In

Wow thank you a bunch. Having it high lighted definitely helps! I’ll give it a go now and see how I make out. Too bad it couldn’t save, I’d put the tune in and try to start it right now damnit haha
Glad I can help. I am waiting for the day HP Tuners allows me to edit other files without paying for them. It would make it a lot easier to help others.

-Ed
Old 08-22-2019, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EWY
Glad I can help. I am waiting for the day HP Tuners allows me to edit other files without paying for them. It would make it a lot easier to help others.

-Ed
Any tips on how to copy and paste it in? The flow rate vs KPA inputed perfectly, but nothing else would enter correctly for me. The values would copy and past in incorrect positions from where they were supposed to be
Old 08-22-2019, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I was on a roll till I went back to verify everything populated into the tables correctly. Of course only that one table did dangit. Copy and paste just aint working. I have to do it the old fashion way? lol
Old 08-22-2019, 08:51 PM
EWY
Teching In

I just right clicked on excel selected copy. I then made sure all the cells are selected in HP Tuners and pasted. What table are you having trouble with?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EWY
I just right clicked on excel selected copy. I then made sure all the cells are selected in HP Tuners and pasted. What table are you having trouble with?
Every table besides flow rate copied incorrectly. Wrong info into corresponding cells.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

My suggestion is to open 2 windows. Open the data on the left side of your screen, and your tune on the right half of your screen. Once you have it like this, you can simply type the correct values in the appropriate cells. This will prevent any copy/paste mishaps. A tune is certainly no place for a mis copied set of values, especially on injectors.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rpturbo
My suggestion is to open 2 windows. Open the data on the left side of your screen, and your tune on the right half of your screen. Once you have it like this, you can simply type the correct values in the appropriate cells. This will prevent any copy/paste mishaps. A tune is certainly no place for a mis copied set of values, especially on injectors.

Looks like that’s what I’m gonna have to do. It’ll take time but it’ll be done right I suppose. It still copies and pastes the information into incorrect cells unfortunately. I was hoping that it was just a newbie messup on my part
Old 08-25-2019, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Open Excel file and have the tune open. Copy appropriate data in Excel without axis. Go to tune and highlight the table then paste. You should have 3 tables that need updated. Injector flow rate, Injector offset vs voltage, minimum short pulse adder. I just updated a tune 2 days ago for a set of FIC 650cc with no issues.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Got the info in thanks guys. Now onto wiring issues 🤦🏻dum♂️
Old 08-27-2019, 10:20 PM
EWY
Teching In

Got the info in thanks guys. Now onto wiring issues 🤦🏻dum♂️
Great, glad we could help

Quick Reply: Loading injector data?