PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 bar map stopped working past 90kpa

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 09:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

Shoot, I'm sorry, I missed all the prev posts. My wireless has been all FU here, maybe it didn't load them. What I get for using the phone.
Sharp guys answering, so again sorry.

Did you do your test with your stock map sensor? or the 3 bar?

Car will run with the map not in the intake. The system will just look at the 30kpa row. I'd assume the map was reading 30kpa when it fired.
It would be really confused if you unplugged the map from the harness.

And the LS9 sensor would need a pigtail, the connector is different. And I think the nipple is bigger. Not sure. I'm not using one myself. I actually made my own 3 bar from a stock one.

Was hoping to show you the map test I logged, but I lost all my log files a couple year back when I dropped the laptop and crashed the hard drive......
Old 04-22-2020, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Shoot, I'm sorry, I missed all the prev posts. My wireless has been all FU here, maybe it didn't load them. What I get for using the phone.
Sharp guys answering, so again sorry.

Did you do your test with your stock map sensor? or the 3 bar?

Car will run with the map not in the intake. The system will just look at the 30kpa row. I'd assume the map was reading 30kpa when it fired.
It would be really confused if you unplugged the map from the harness.

And the LS9 sensor would need a pigtail, the connector is different. And I think the nipple is bigger. Not sure. I'm not using one myself. I actually made my own 3 bar from a stock one.

Was hoping to show you the map test I logged, but I lost all my log files a couple year back when I dropped the laptop and crashed the hard drive......
I tested with the 3 bar. I think the stock MAP i took out was broken in half and I tossed it. The engine came out of a totaled truck and just about every single nipple and fastener on the intake was snapped off.

But i do have this NAPA brand ECHLIN sensor here too. I just an not sure what bar it actually is. It was supposed to be from a super or turbo charged Cobalt maybe? part number is 2-27093 (GM 12591290 equivalent and the pigtail attachment is not the same as the lm7 one). I could never figure it out so we got the EFIsource one instead.

Damn, this truck got park not running well after its very last 1/4 mile run of the year. After the run it stalled and wouldn't run without some pedal. When I got it going it was idling REALLY rough and really lean until the engine got load on it then went stoic. So being a street truck mostly I had to drive it back home while riding on and off the brakes to keep the engine load up and the AFR's down... Got home was pretty sure I was going to find a vac leak but nope. Nothing cracked, broken, missing, punctured, etc...was baffled. Decided it was the shitty decapped injectors I cheapened out on instead of the Dekas. Put Dekas in and they leaked at the o-rings and it snowed before I got to start it again. So over winter i yanked the engine out and checked everything i could for anything that could cause that. Nothing. I put a new cam it and ls9 head gaskets and some nicer head bolts and put it all back, checked bearing clearances, etc...

I wonder now if I blew the ******* MAP out on that last run now...

Last edited by LetsTurboSomething; 04-22-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:28 PM
8 Second Club

I'm betting the replacement fixes you up.
The Cobalt sensor is a 2.5 bar I believe. Shoot, my daily is a Cobalt SS supercharged, I never looked at the map sensor. I just drive it...…
Your truck will run good with the updates I'm sure.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

New sensor fixed it, next headache pops up just as fast...th400 whines in gear and neutral but not park. Sounds like a supercharger whine. Probably going to just drop it and take it to my guy because I've had enough trouble shooting for the week lol.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:48 PM
8 Second Club

Good to hear!

Quick Reply: 3 bar map stopped working past 90kpa