Sponsored by:

6.0L NO RPM on scanner, will not start, no codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0L NO RPM on scanner, will not start, no codes

2011 6.0L 58x crank with LSA supercharger

recently bought BP Automotive stand-alone kit for LSA w/t56. Wired engine up and wouldn’t start at first....hooked scanner and saw no RPMs. Bought a new crank sensor and engine fired right up. Ran great for the next 30 minutes and turned engine off and on multiple times while I fixed exhaust leaks. It was getting late so killed the key and went in for the night....came back out 3 days later and no crank no start again....

Hooked scanner and saw no RPMs again...removed sensor and scoped tone ring, rotated and Pryed against and it is tight. I never got in the bottom end, had 77000 miles from a wrecked Penske truck that was running when it was wrecked.

1. no sensor damaged on tip, good
2. removed complete harness to check for smashed or melted wires, good
3. Checked pigtail end for pin damage, good
4. had a code for malfunction light circuit short, my solder was touching dash bezel so repaired the short and replaced control fuse 15a, code went inactive
5. Double checked all grounds, have two main grounds from BP harness on drivers rear head, chassis strap and cable directly to negative of battery.
6. 12.6 to all fuses and voltage to all while cranking
7. fuel pressure at 58psi on the money
8. no noid light at injectors
9. no spark at plug
10. power and ground and coil pack connectors
11. I have 5v on vref and good ground on center pin....my signal pin has 5v coming from the ecm (measuring with the pigtail removed from sensor)
should this be RECEIVING voltage from the ecm? All my experience with other OEMs is the signal should not have voltage.....I have back probed connector and I have 5v-0v alternating but does note translate in Scanner when cranking.

i unplugged the crank sensor pigtail and made a jumper from signal wire to ground and pulsated the wire and I showed rpm and ECM commanded the fuel pump on and also trying to work throttle body. So what I did was eliminate the 5v ref and ecm is seeing a signal. What this is telling me is I either have a signal to 5v short or ecm is sending out 5v when it shouldn’t. Can someone enlighten me on how this circuit should respond? I believe ECM is faulty....Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 6.0L NO RPM on scanner, will not start, no codes