Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holley 3.5 screen vss display manual trans

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 563 Likes on 417 Posts

Default holley 3.5 screen vss display manual trans

I have a terminator x non-max in a manual transmission car. 3.5" screen that comes with the system.
i have a vr vss (AR-5 transmission) hooked up through a max9926 chip into one of the spare io and set in the holley as a speed input.
on the dash i can only find 'transmission speed' to display, and it shows it as disabled.
is there a way to get the dash to show the vss in my scenario? better yet, is there an odometer function?
Old 06-15-2020, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
I have a terminator x non-max in a manual transmission car. 3.5" screen that comes with the system.
i have a vr vss (AR-5 transmission) hooked up through a max9926 chip into one of the spare io and set in the holley as a speed input.
on the dash i can only find 'transmission speed' to display, and it shows it as disabled.
is there a way to get the dash to show the vss in my scenario? better yet, is there an odometer function?
Not on the 3.5" screen, but you can on the bigger dashes. If you had the X Max, then you could wire in the VR sensor directly to the pins that had the auto trans VSS, J4 A18 and A14, I believe. That's the "speed" channel that the 3.5" is looking for.

Andrew
Old 06-16-2020, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 563 Likes on 417 Posts

I think i found a workaround by using vss boost control then displaying 'boost speed'
sucks for anyone that doesnt want to use boost vs speed.
ill probably just get a gps speedo and call it a day since i really want an odometer

Quick Reply: holley 3.5 screen vss display manual trans