PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Micro squirt any inputs left for 2 step

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020 | 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default Micro squirt any inputs left for 2 step

Hi Guys,

I already dove into the water and bought my micro! I did not realize how limited the inputs & outputs are. Im hooking up my micro to my naturally aspirated 2004 6.0 with sloppy stage II cam, stock injectors and long tube headers for now. Plan is to add my twin turbos & intercooler, 2nd AEM 400 fuel pump, maybe snake eater 150s etc in a couple months after learning to tune on the micro at 1st naturally aspirated.
I did order the IAC stepper with cable on the micro. I also hooked up a GM flex fuel sensor to the flex wire so I can run E85 when I go to larger injectors. I may just run decaps before adding turbos for e85 now naturally aspirated. I will also learn how to tune in lambda.

Question do I still have an input left for a hooking up a 2 step to build boost at launch? Im not running a trans brake, I will foot brake and Im running a turbo 400 trans in my 72 nova. I could have sworn Matt said the 2 step is a 1 wire input and its basically run through a switch then to ground to activate the 2 step. I dont even remember what that wire is called on my 24x v3 micro. He said even with foot braking the 2 step really helps spool the turbos to build boost before launch a bit better at the line? Is there a way around this with a can bus to add a 2 step if I have to go that route?

PS After googling a bit I found a video where guy uses and selects in drop down of micro under Boost Advanced, then Launch Control the spareADC wire (peach colored with grey stripe on my harness). That is a wire I can use for a switched ground (on/off) to activate 2 step. Right under Wire selected to use, you type in actual RPM of the 2 step to hold RPM at under Launch Hard limit. Just below that is a selection for Soft Limit Zone. Matt says you can widen this a little to not make it so harsh. I think defaulted at 100 RPM. So you can set it at 150 or 200. Idea of soft limit is so RPM is plus or minus for example 100 RPM above and below your selected say 3400 Launch Hard Limit or right about where your torque converter is selected to kick in? lol Im brand new at all this stuff.

Anyways my question remains. Do I have have an input left over on the micro squirt after wired in IAC with harness and Flex fuel sensor on my micro or do I have to go to a can bus somehow for the 2 step? Then I will have to research "How to" for a can bus. Again thanks for any advice here. Im sure lots of new guys want to know this stuff and minimal input/output micro capabilities.

Again Im a brand new newbie at this. I will 1st time fire my 6.0 in a few days. Thanks for any help or advice in advance! Bob
Old 07-02-2020 | 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would personally just skip the IAC control so it doesn't take up the extra wires.
Old 07-02-2020 | 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input. However I already bought my micro squirt and EFI source pre-wired in the IAC stepper with its own separate 2nd wiring harness (besides the main wiring harness) from the micro squirt. There is the extra spareADC wire I can select and use in Launch control. But even if I wire it up Im not sure if micro squirt will accept that switched input for a 2 step because maybe its already out of inputs?

So my question is do I have 1 input wire left for the 2 step on a micro squirt that is already wired for IAC stepper and using the flex sensor wire for flex fuel or do I have to try a can bus connection for an extra input? I would still have to research how to do a can bus connection. Again Thanks!
Old 07-02-2020 | 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

If nothing is connected to the spareADC wire, then there is nothing stopping you from using it for the 2-step input.
Old 07-02-2020 | 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

There are a lot of unused wires in the wiring Harness after an install because its a generic harness that can be used on all types of motors from 4 bangers to hemis, LS, sbc with fuel injection etc. But as an experiment I can always take an inline fused wire as a jumper and short that spareADC wire to ground and insert the fuse as a switch to see if the 2 step turns on! So for example I can set the Hard Launch rev limiter to 2800 RPM and for spark cut and then see if the motor revs above 2800 as I push the fuse in to activate the 2 step. If the micro takes the input and turns on the 2 step Im good! lol If it does I will just hard wire in the spareADC wire with a switch to ground! Thanks

Quick Reply: Micro squirt any inputs left for 2 step