Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey guys need some help with my tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile hey guys need some help with my tune

hey guys, so i am fairly new when it comes to posting in forums, i do use the forums alot and have found amazing answers and solutions through these forums. this ls1tech forums is absolutely amazing, i am now in need of some help with trying to figure out my issues with my tune if it is the tune or possible something else that i may have missed. here are my engine specs and all that is done. my swap is a 1984 firebird with a 2002 LQ4 motor and t56. the block is stock bore, stock crank.
mods done to motor
ls3 intake with ls3 injectors
ls3 stock heads
throttle body is a FItech 102mm using stock IAC and TPS sensors
BTR CAMSHAFT - LS3 - N/A STAGE 3 - 32944134R1 Specs: 229/243.9 .630"/.615" 113+4
forged connecting rods
forged flat top pistons with valve reliefs
the rotating assembly has been balanced
running stock MAF sensor
long tube headers into 3 inch high flow cats with 3 inch x pipe to dynomax bullets and then axle dump full 3 inch dual exhaust
i am using the stock 2002 pcm i have already done a trans segment swap for a manual trans
in the tune i have made changes in idle airflow to accommodate the air flow at idle for the cam
the throttle body plate is slightly adjusted to be just cracked open as i could not get the car to idle without adjusting the throttle body plate a little as the IAC was maxing out trying to get it to idle.
atm i am having misfire issues at random times especially when accelerating, the fuel pressure is nice and steady at 60psi and does not drop while driving or revving.
i was able to get a data log with hp tuners i will attach it to this post along with my tune.
i would greatly appreciate any sort of help if anyone is able and has the time to look at my data log.
sorry for the long post also
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
2020 data log.hpl (272.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: hpt
current car tune 2020.hpt (296.2 KB, 46 views)
Old 11-08-2020, 02:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

The misfires show up because you haven't changed the diagnostic thresholds for misfire detection. It is going to pick up the misfire with that camshaft. Loosen them up or disable the diagnostic...your choice. And, if it was in idle mode, I would also increase the low RPM range of your MBT spark table. This is likely contributing to the idle issues with the throttle blade closed because it is clipping the max spark available at idle. But your throttle being cracked prevents idle control entirely and just uses the high octane table. So get the throttle closed at idle again and increase MBT spark around your idle RPM.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You need a tune sir. You’ve got a lot going on.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey sorry i have unfortunately had to put my car away and put aside tuning it for a while, anyways I appreciate your response and I am back trying to get this running as it should

Quick Reply: hey guys need some help with my tune