Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on tuning 5.3 Porsche 944 swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on tuning 5.3 Porsche 944 swap

I installed a LM4 5.3 in a 1988 Porsche 944 and I have put about 3000 miles on it last summer. The swap works well but I have some driveability issues to fix. I could use some input on my options on how to get my car running 100%. I live in upstate New York and I do not know of anyone local who can do the job. If anyone knows a reliable tuner in central NY, I would appreciate it. HP Tuners looks very complicated and a Novice like me would probably not be very sucessful in doing it by myself. This website has tons of information on tuning if one knows how to access it and put it to use. There are lots of advertisements on the web for "mail order tunes". Is there a recommendation for a competent mail order tuner? What would be the best route to take? Would a Holley system be more effective and cheaper in the long run? The engine is a stock LM4 5.3 with a Brian Tooley stage II truck cam (212/218 .553/.553 113+2). It has an F-Body intake manifold and front end components. The PCM is out of a 2000 5.7 Firebird. I have a set of shorty headers and a 3.5" intake made out of aluminum pipe with rubber elbows. The car is 95% street driven so I am looking for driveability rather than peak HP numbers. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Need advice on tuning 5.3 Porsche 944 swap