Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping Lq4 ecm to LS2

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping Lq4 ecm to LS2

I have an 07 Silverado classic which is the 03-06 body style with the 6.0 LQ4, I'm trying to stay away from local tuners as I want to slowly mod truck and they charge per tune so I'm Looking for advice based on tuner. I have a EZLynk tuner that I have used for diesels, and the tunes can be done via remote from my phone. For 600 they do single tunes and for 800 they do unlimited tunes for that vehicle. They don't do very many gassers, the oldest gm they do is the 05+ corvette, I assume LS2. Then the 6.2s.
What I'm looking to do is possibly swap ecms so they could send tunes for my truck but to the "corvette" ecm. Is this possible for the year make and model. Is it going to be a hassle? The Lq4 has a 24x crank and drive by wire. And I believe there was 24x ls2s. What issues will i face and does this seem reasonable, I like the simplicity of EZLynk I've used HPtuners but I'm looking at worked 5.3 heads, cam, trailblazer ss intake, injectors and a s400 turbo.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts

Your going to have to just paid for tunes or learn hp tuners yourself. Swapping to a corvette ecm in your truck is not feasible.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a reason out of curiosity? I've learn hp tuners as far as swapping injector codes and turning things on and off. Were the 24x corvettes same ecu as this or did they use the same as 58x?

Quick Reply: Swapping Lq4 ecm to LS2