PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

98 to 99-02 PCM repin with lots of pictures and videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it to go into gear drives but does not shift if you manually shift it it will and speedometer not working
Old 08-16-2023, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Grim878
Got it to go into gear drives but does not shift if you manually shift it it will and speedometer not working
Man, I wish I could help with tuning and electronics but I know nothing about that stuff. It seems as if you simply pinned the wires in their correct positions how could it be that, you know?
Old 04-17-2024, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old thread............but related to my question.

I have a 2000 SS parts car and the complete harness to swap into my 1998 Z28 (manual harness and no pcm).

Working with a 411 pcm that has been flashed for Camaro and segment swapped for 4L80e.

Surgically removed all the wires for the 4L60e harness from a 2001 truck and have inserted pin ends into the red/blue connectors on the 2000 camaro harness.

Require some clarification on the VSS wires.

If I understand correctly the VSS connector with light green black stripe and purple white stripe are pinned to the blue connector pins 20 and 21 and connects to the 4L80e sensor plug near the main plug.

The white and tan black stripe wires that were removed from the 4L60e connector were spliced to a new VSS plug and connected to the sensor above the shift shaft.

What pins on the red/blue connectors should the white and the tan black stripe be moved to?

Old 04-17-2024, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 605 Likes on 443 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

https://lt1swap.com/4l60e_4l80e_harness.htm
Old 04-17-2024, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
Perfect.............Excellent link..........Thank You!
Old 04-17-2024, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 322 Likes on 244 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by slarsen47
Perfect.............Excellent link..........Thank You!
Don't forget about the second speed sensor. This is how I do all mine.

Old 04-18-2024, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Yes, thanks..........the link covers it
Old 08-19-2024, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sorry about that, seems I got caught up in an engine swap, that I had to take a break from the repin swap lol
looks like I need to do a little digging in my harness. Cant say for sure yet, but i think a wire either got pulled out or pinch when i repositioned the pcm into the bucket finally.
im getting a -38 read out on my IAT sensor and I verified that it's not the sensor because I plugged in my old MAF with the IAT integrated and it still read IAT -38. I checked my extention to make sure I didn't pull any wires out during the engine swap, and that was fine, and ohmd out the wore and getting some funky readings. It will read 1500ish ohms and then drop off. And not hold continuity even while power one and hp tuner scanner running. So im thinking that due to the tightness of the harness and positioning it back into its spot, I may have accidently somehow pulled the pin out of its slot some how. I Ran out of day light to confirm, but will check my pins to verify soon. I hope i don't have a break in the main harness somewhere! I did have to rewire a ground extension behind the drivers side head since terminal end snapped off. Almost wondering is a new harness would be better at this point lol

I see why people extend the harness now lol its a tight fit for sure im hoping i dont have a break somwhere in here either. Other than the IAT though, i have full funtions of the dash, fuel gauge works, oil pressure, rpm, and oil pressure. I did manage to get the 4l80 in drive and reverse before i eventually made the ls1 into a V7 when one of the piston rods snapped lol hence the LQ4 swap in another thread lol
Old 08-23-2024, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Thank goodness.... I figured it out. I somehow mispinned the IAT purple reference wire. So I commenced to first seeing if I had purple wires where they belonged, and eliminated obvious suspect wires that weren't part of the problem, such as purple with white or black lines, and then my fuel pump as well. Injectors purples wires were good too cuase I wasn't having misfires from coils or injectors, so it left me with 2 purple wires that did not belong where they were.

Heres the two suspects 56 and 58 99+ BLUE harness pins diagram shows these are not used.... so theres my first clue. So pulled the BLUE harness plug out of the PCM and back probed them for continuity between that end and the IAT plug end... 58 was a dud, but 56 was the culprit. You arent suppose to be here lol

So pull it out and repinned it into the RED 57 slot where its suppose to be according to the 99+ PCM pin out diagram.

Plugged everything back in and hooked up my scanner, and sure enough, we have a functioning IAT now!!

Some diagram referencing

More pcm pin referencing

Page 2 of pin referencing.

Quick Reply: 98 to 99-02 PCM repin with lots of pictures and videos