Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 stalls when it comes to a stop in gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Received 94 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by dlwilson
I wanted to come back and give some closure. I was able to get the SFTFs to log by lowering the coolant temp in one of the tables (of course I forget which one), and I was also able to get fan 2 to come on, thanks to the hint above that it was turned off in the tune. I would never have stumbled across that setting if I wasn't looking for it.

But last week my car got hit yet again. It was hit in the right rear about six months ago, probably from someone backing into it, and now in the left rear, and which also looks like someone backed into it. That, plus all of the rust on the car, prompted me to go on FB marketplace and look around. I came across a guy with a 1976 Suburban with 4WD, crate 350, rebuilt Turbo 350 and rebuild rear axle. Also AC for here in south Florida. It needs a few things, like floor patches, but it's in surprisingly good shape. We did a straight trade. I might do an LS swap eventually, but for now I'll park it, and work on my other 1979 El Camino, the nice one with the 5.7 LS1 from a 2000 Corvette. It's close to being a driver, but it won't start because of what appears to be a bad TPS. I've got a TPS on order, and hope to be driving it in a day or two.

I really appreciate the help I got here. I plan to tune this El Camino with HP Tuners as well, so you might see me again. Thanks!
damn that sucks ! - I am glad you weren't injured.

Quick Reply: 5.3 stalls when it comes to a stop in gear