Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT Credits- How many to license 08 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default HPT Credits- How many to license 08 Silverado

I did not want to come here so soon after purchasing my hptuners but I am madly confused or maybe understanding the credit system.

Recent
Ok I licensed my ecm. I have the edit available now in VCM and can view things. Will I have to purchase user defined parameters separately still? The 3rd peice of hardware that showed up as the FSCM, is that the BCM? And will I have to license a "file" everytime I write to my licensed ecm/TCM?

I'm trying to understand what else I'm going to have to license and how many credits to purchase for tuning my 1 truck.

Old posts

I am just trying to license my 1 truck. I have read the tune and saved what appears that be a 59k hpt file but when I open it nothing is displayed in the application I'm assuming cause I have no licenses.

I know I want to use my 2 credits to license my ecm/truck but when I got to license it shows a 1 credit option to license a serial GA102xxxxxx that doesn't match anything and a gm_mscm_b fscm as the controller type.

Can someone help me on where to apply my credits or tell me that I need atleast 3 total to start. My device is linked/registered on the hptuners site and I linked the device code for the access to parameters

Last edited by Guy with a Chevy; 08-03-2023 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

You need to read ecm and tcm only...then its 2 credits.

Quick Reply: HPT Credits- How many to license 08 Silverado