PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Newbie looking for some direction on gen 3 5.3 harness swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2023 | 01:58 PM
Teching In

Default Newbie looking for some direction on gen 3 5.3 harness swap

Have read multiple posts on here and all over the webs til my eyes bleed.

gen 3 5.3 p59 dbw from 04 Tahoe with matching tac, and pedal in a international scout.

was running before I pulled truck apart to redo many things including replacing engine harness. Was previously installed with factory harness that was not so pretty, and a factory manual trans adapted to the engine.

new harness in, getting p0230 and u0107. Cranks but won’t fire. Pin 9 green connector only has 5v output to relay and won’t trigger relay to prime/run pump. Using hptuners I see zero movement on tps graph hitting gas pedal either.

Triple checked my grounds, checked wires from tb to tac to pedal. fuses all good.

any suggestions on solving both these mysteries? Would be nice to have fuel pump relay controlled thru ecu but can wire it off body harness if need be. The tac code u0107 is more important since it seems to be what’s holding me back from running. It definitely ran and had throttle response before changing harness.

thanks in advance!

Old 08-05-2023 | 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

You are just going to have to recheck all connections relative to the fuel and tac module. Get the DVOM out and start checking connections and wire through-put(continuity). It is hard for us to tell you other than that since we can't see the installation or schematic for the new harness. Have heard many instances of bad "new" harnesses. Like you said...it worked before the harness swap
Old 08-05-2023 | 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

Really this is the wrong area...Gen3 external?

Quick Reply: Newbie looking for some direction on gen 3 5.3 harness swap