PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help What Is Making Me Go Though O2 Senors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of band clamps and having a piece of my pacesetter ripped off at a car wash, where do you recommend to get something that holds the pipes together better than those cheapo clamps that scrape/drag/rip off ? I was tempted to make some skid plates for the headers and tack weld them on if i didnt find a solution.

How does that RTV hold up to those EGT's?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by samz28
speaking of band clamps and having a piece of my pacesetter ripped off at a car wash, where do you recommend to get something that holds the pipes together better than those cheapo clamps that scrape/drag/rip off ? I was tempted to make some skid plates for the headers and tack weld them on if i didnt find a solution.

How does that RTV hold up to those EGT's?
Most of the RTV will burn off but it helps seal small holes you might not be able to see

I think you’re thinking of the cheap band clamps, I’m talking about the $10+ each clamp that looks like this

You can get these from ls1speed.com or you can get them at most local Napa’s. These clamps seal very well the best really... once you see them you will understand. Also get them very very tight they take the shape of the exhaust and should make a 100% seal. If I get time tonight I will take a picture of mine and post it. Someone else might have a picture ready to go.

Also you might be able to make the gaskets for the AIR system by cutting your own... I did mine this way.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by equandt
I installed the bosch 13111 and cleared the P1133 code from my car. I drove the car the rest of the day with no problems.

The next day, 3 minutes after start up, I threw another code.
Another update:
I drove the car 250 miles yesterday. The SES light stayed on for 120 miles, then went off. The light has been off for 130 miles now.

I checked for exhaust leaks and found none. Everything is sealed up well. The car got 26 mpg on the trip (two lane highway).
Old 11-15-2004, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used band clamps from both napa and summit. I like the summit ones way better. I used a little bit of High temp copper RTV (sensor safe) but only on the outside of the clamp. You dont want any of the burning RTV fumes to hose your o2s.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by equandt
Another update:
I drove the car 250 miles yesterday. The SES light stayed on for 120 miles, then went off. The light has been off for 130 miles now.

I checked for exhaust leaks and found none. Everything is sealed up well. The car got 26 mpg on the trip (two lane highway).
Update: No problems after another 500 miles. Short trips, long trips are good. I haven't seen the SES light. It looks like the Bosch 13111 sensor did the trick.