Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big problem with my Predator

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Big problem with my Predator

My Predator has been sitting in my glovebox for 6 months or so. Anyway, I was experiencing some pinging on the highway (when floored). So, I plugged the Predator in to check the live knock data. When I plugged it in, the backlit light came on, but there was nothing on the display. Zero, nothing at all. Just a light with no information. Any ideas?...Thanks!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
My Predator has been sitting in my glovebox for 6 months or so. Anyway, I was experiencing some pinging on the highway (when floored). So, I plugged the Predator in to check the live knock data. When I plugged it in, the backlit light came on, but there was nothing on the display. Zero, nothing at all. Just a light with no information. Any ideas?...Thanks!
I had the same problem. On the back there is a hollow looking hole at the back of the display. Get a jewellers slot screw driver and there is a contrast adjustment screw in there. Tinker with it and you should be back on track.

I freaked when mine did that too.

I hope this helps.

Rampant
Old 09-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
I had the same problem. On the back there is a hollow looking hole at the back of the display. Get a jewellers slot screw driver and there is a contrast adjustment screw in there. Tinker with it and you should be back on track.

I freaked when mine did that too.

I hope this helps.

Rampant
Thank you for your response. I'll try that today and see if it works!
Old 09-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Default No go!

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
Thank you for your response. I'll try that today and see if it works!
Well, I adjusted the contrast screw on the back and had no luck. When turned either way, all of the pixels lit up or nothing was displayed. Again, no information was displayed. I've had this unit for 2 years. So, I assume the warranty is expired. Where is the best place to have this thing fixed? I'm not even sure if it would be worthwhile to have it fixed. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar thing happened to mine. Contact Brian@diablosport.com . They replaced mine under warrantee even though it was a year and half old.

andrew
Old 09-29-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to runningwiththedevil.com it has a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to get it fixed.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dano 00TA
According to runningwiththedevil.com it has a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to get it fixed.
Thank you for your responses. I'll contact the company. When it's fixed, I'll let you know how it goes.