Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hi idle/tcs inop/no codes= tcs prob?? NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi idle/tcs inop/no codes= tcs prob?? NEED HELP

Recently my car had the tcs inop be on all the time (but the abs is fine) and the idle is high like 1500+rpm.

I dont appear to have any vacuum leaks anywhere but it seems suspisciuos that the throttle postiton/tcs module are related. And like I said no codes are being set either?

Its a little bewildering does anyone have experience with these 2 simultaneous problems?
Old 10-17-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a similar problem once. It ended up being a loose ground in the engine bay. I don't remember which one it was off hand though.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itchygomey98
I had a similar problem once. It ended up being a loose ground in the engine bay. I don't remember which one it was off hand though.
MAN thanks itchy I sanded and reconnected bot gound posts on the shock towers and bam! Idle is back down to that nice lope and my tcs is enabled again.

THis was such a weird problem to diagnose and it was something simple and weird to fix...!

Thanks again
Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem man. Glad I could help.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I should look at the schematic and see which one it is. I have too much time on my hands right now.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

I have the same problem, TCS INOP, my idle was way up and started to jump up and down. Then a few days later after the battery was dead. I jumped the battery and it started up and did the same thing only this time the check engine light was on. I tryed to drive it and would sputter and stamer, it had no power. I dont know what to do? Thanks in advance for any info and advise,
Brian R
Old 10-19-2004, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Seems like i'm having the same problem as cammedta but i have a hard time turning on the car on cold starts a lot of surge and then shuts off.Sometimes the ses light flashes and its read misfire in multiple cylinders,i'm wasting gas like crazy.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let's see, two different issues here I think.
CammedTA - check the grounds in the engine bay aft of the fuse boxes and the ones on the back of the cylinder heads. That's where I would start.
VomitCorpse - What code is it throwing? How long have you had the setup you do now? Who did the tune? Let me know, this one has me interested.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

itchy:I don't know what code but for sure it is misfire in multiple cylinders.the light stayed steady on today and trew another code which was the one for the oxygen sensors,replaced both today(tuner deleted rears)and the light is still on steady,but its the only code is throwing.The car doesn't feel as powerfull and even sometimes(actually twice)i punched it and hit high RPMS and the engine just shutted off on me.i had this setup since june(everything except the TC and pulley)The TC and pulley were installed in august and then one week later the problems started.I am so damn fustrated with this problem.The tunung was done in San Antonio Tx,by Dynotex Racing.I went back with my tuner and he said eveything looked fine.Any ideas?
Old 10-19-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you read this? https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/162767-i-just-replaced-my-torque-converter-now-unlocks-randomly-fix.html You replaced the O2's, and it is still throwing codes for them? Take a GOOD look at the wirebundles for both O2's. This seems kind of odd though. Take a drive and monitor MAP, each O2, Throttle position, and IAC. Also might want to take the starter out to get a good look at the crank position sensor, and check the grounds behind the heads. If none of this shows a problem, I'll be shocked.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

I'll check all of that stuff,i think the crank sensor was checked already.Thanks for the input and i'll let you know.