Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle LTRIM question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
Slowhawk -with all due respect, does the 245/250 closed loop statement apply if it's on a 106 LSA?? I'm running a 239/251, 106 - Open Loop, on the MAF ( I like my MAF ). I've rescaled my MAF at the lower values in order to get it to idle at about 15:1 AFR (FJO WideBand). Every other option I've tried to pull down the AFR hasn't worked very well. If I pull the AFR down a little more ( so LTrims will go negative) can I run it Closed Loop?? What do you think?? Thanks in advance!
Joel,
If Slowhawks right I would expect your cam, with it's overlap, to fit the rule easily.
As you know, because I've told you, with my 228/588/112, I have no problems tuning with the MAF connected. The only tables I've had to change from stock are Idle, RAF and VE's. The IFR's are calculated for 30# SVO's and PE is calculated for my choice, so you could say they are stock. I have had no problems tuning Mafless, either. I have problems when I tune Mafless and then hook up the MAF.
Joe

Last edited by gojo; 11-27-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gojo
Joel,
If Slowhawks right I would expect your cam, with it's overlap, to fit the rule easily.
As you know, because I've told you, with my 228/588/112, I have no problems tuning with the MAF connected. The only tables I've had to change from stock are Idle, RAF and VE's. The IFR's are calculated for 30# SVO's and PE is calculated for my choice, so you could say they are stock. I also have had no problems tuning Mafless, either. I have problems when I tune Mafless and then hook up the MAF.
Joe
Hey Joe!
I'm finally close to having the Idle AFR where I want it - along with MAF, RAF and VE ( changing MAF scaling in lower Hz changes Desired Idle air). It's amazing how much fuel it's dumping due to the overlap - whew it STINKS!!! I'm going to try a pair of the New Random Cats that go on the rear of the X-Pipe - maybe that will help with the stench
My IFR table is calculated for the GM/Bosch 42#s.
AirFlow is up to snuff thanks to you and Nick Williams .
VE table is from NoGo and ChrisBs equation - with some tweaking to compesate for low RPM/MAP deficencies.
My AFRs are close to the F/A table now so I think I can give Closed loop a try.

I was just curiuos what Slowhawks thoughts were on this.

joel
Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Answered your PM BINK's,might of missed something but just let me know

Here is an idea for you guy's.Forged 346,9-1 compression,246/251 -.605/.610 on 112cam,Motron 60's,D1 pushing 12lbs= Tuned closed loop with MAF (of course)daily driven for 6 months so far without 1 problem...
It can be done and did take me some time.

I've alway's felt like I am chasing my tail with open/Mafless tuning.It never seems right and your alway's trying to tweak it That is why I keep my personal cars basic now