Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory PCM's RPM Limit:

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
i just brought up the posibilitys of problems that might happen, sorry if all this got out of hand, the limit of the pcm is 8000 to be accurate, anything more and you loose the ability to change what is going on in the pcm. it references that last point when it left the table.. so if it left at 60 gm/s then it would hold that value in that cell untill it reentered the table at under 8000 rpms. the coil issue i would think will cause you a problem, they arent designed to go to 8000 rpms, .. but thats just my own oppinion, recharge time aint the full ballgame i would think, and it seems kindof hard to think that they could fully put out a full charge that fast... seems odd that gm would go and put on a part that would go that far if they never intended to go there... ?? sorry guys.
Hey, nothing to be sorry about. My last commment was directed elsewhere...You're right on track with what I was looking for I just have to get further into what can be done with the coil packs now that we've identified that as a possible problem. I know of a few guys turning 7400 without the slightest ignition issue. I wouldn't think another 600rpm would be a problem. But, I'm no electrical engineer...

Quick Reply: Factory PCM's RPM Limit: