Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning timing with the predetor after longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning timing with the predetor after longtubes

hey guys i have done the reasearch to know about ajusting the air/fuel ratio but i also here its good to adjust the timing as well after tthe longtube install to add a little horses. with the predetor how much should i adjust the timing. a small notch up or down. any info would be appreciated
Old 01-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

ttt anyone their
Old 01-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

hello look at that i am talking to myself
Old 01-24-2005, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing you need to do do is log what is going on with your LTFT's, o2, and KR. This is what RWTD that does custom tunes told me to log:

LTFT's (Ltrims): Could you get me some diagnostic readings so I can tell what's going on. I'd like for you to monitor the LTFT's at part throttle steady state cruising at 55 mph and 65 mph in 3rd and 4th. Get an average of about what they are and write it down. I want them to be negative during part throttle, which means they will be locked in at 0 at WOT normally. If they are positive then we need to fix this, as this will cause the pcm to add in extra fuel during WOT.

O2's: Also, please monitor your O2 voltages at WOT in 3rd gear (slower speeds for safety reasons; you can use 4th if you feel comfortable). We want them to be between .900 and .915.

Spark: Tell me what your overall spark is showing at WOT in 3rd gear (you can use 4th if you feel comfortable).

Knock Retard: Tell me if you're getting any at all during driving, especially WOT (we do not want any).

If your LTFT' s are not locked in at 0 during WOT runs then you would have to get a custom tune first before messing with your predator settings. Hope that helps some.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Caribe
First thing you need to do do is log what is going on with your LTFT's, o2, and KR. This is what RWTD that does custom tunes told me to log:

LTFT's (Ltrims): Could you get me some diagnostic readings so I can tell what's going on. I'd like for you to monitor the LTFT's at part throttle steady state cruising at 55 mph and 65 mph in 3rd and 4th. Get an average of about what they are and write it down. I want them to be negative during part throttle, which means they will be locked in at 0 at WOT normally. If they are positive then we need to fix this, as this will cause the pcm to add in extra fuel during WOT.

O2's: Also, please monitor your O2 voltages at WOT in 3rd gear (slower speeds for safety reasons; you can use 4th if you feel comfortable). We want them to be between .900 and .915.

Spark: Tell me what your overall spark is showing at WOT in 3rd gear (you can use 4th if you feel comfortable).

Knock Retard: Tell me if you're getting any at all during driving, especially WOT (we do not want any).

If your LTFT' s are not locked in at 0 during WOT runs then you would have to get a custom tune first before messing with your predator settings. Hope that helps some.
This helps me and mayby can help 2002 as I have the same question. part thorttle @ 55 Ltrims are neg. 02 volts WOT 910-930. Spark @ WOT 20.8 Knock retard 0.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Launching!

TTT ? Caribe are you out there
Old 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

That spark looks way low. Did you take that reading through out the rpm range at WOT, or was it just a quick hit? Your going to want to see the timing come up to about 28* at WOT.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
That spark looks way low. Did you take that reading through out the rpm range at WOT, or was it just a quick hit? Your going to want to see the timing come up to about 28* at WOT.
3rd gear WOT started about 39* as RPM went up timing went down to 20* and no KR what does this mean?
Old 01-27-2005, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

I would add some timing and see if you can get it up. Even if it's still low shoot Diablo an email and tell them what's going on. They will get it straightend out.