PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator 101 (sticky?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

depending on the Predator model and car being used on, because I don't have all of that ability...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
depending on the Predator model and car being used on, because I don't have all of that ability...
We got you're upgrades comin' fast and furiously!

I should clarify, most of the info I provided in my previous post relates more to the 99-04 LS1 powered vehicles. LS2 features are constantly being added/upgraded with new revisions.

Thanks
Mike
Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie

I should clarify, most of the info I provided in my previous post relates more to the 99-04 LS1 powered vehicles. LS2 features are constantly being added/upgraded with new revisions.

Thanks
Mike
so tell me what the difference is between the o2 and FT banks 1 and 2?

please !! =)
Old 01-29-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hea, what's up. I had to get registered for this site. This sure was an old thread. haha. 2 years. We can't adjust our trans yet but Mike is going to get that fixed tommorow. hehe
Old 01-29-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

sobaka79, what are you driving.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey Eric! nice to see ya over here...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok, per Mike's (sprayjunkie's) request on another forum, I have attached a Diablo Predator tuning guide that I had available...

In addition to that doc, here's another useful piece of info I received from him -- This was in response to a statement I made about having my inj. slope set to a negative value, and apparently is was TOO negative, causing this excessively rich condition, because my car started shifting weird, and was bogging down, wouldn't downshift when it should have, etc etc...:

"Ahhh...shifting. When you look at these logs, monitor your engine load. Engine load is a major determining factor in shift settings. If the slight change in inj. slope is causing an excessive rich condition, and the car is losing power as a result, it will change the load and thus the tranny will react differently."
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Diablo-Predator-Tuning.doc (57.0 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-29-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ericwilloughby
sobaka79, what are you driving.
99 trans am with slp cold air induction,

this is what i know so far, correct me if im wrong,

1. add PE until my LTFT banks are positive, but less than +2.0 and o2 banks are around 900+mv o2 banks

2. subtract this % + from LTFT in the injector slope.

Last edited by sobaka79; 01-29-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie

Thanks
Mike
Mike, when this update comes out, are there going to be new Diablo tunes included, with some "suggested" tranny/shifting settings already done to the tune, or will it just be the addition of adjustable parameters and we'll need to do it ourselves?

I'd like to see the Diablo No DOD performance tune with quicker and firmer shifts...

Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by sobaka79
99 trans am with slp cold air induction,

this is what i know so far, correct me if im wrong,

1. add PE until my LTFT banks are positive, but less than +2.0 and o2 banks are around 900+mv o2 banks

2. subtract this % + from LTFT in the injector slope.

you should get your ltft setting correct at normal cruise/driving first, before adjusting the PE settings - as the normal/cruise adjustments will affect the PE.

Get your normal/cruise ltft's in the +2 to -2 range, then once those are set, you can go in and adjust the PE settings to get your NBO2's around .900...

for example, if your ltft's are +6% at normal cruise, you'd adjust the injector slope to -6%, and adjust PE ranges to +6. Drive for a couple days to let them "settle in" and do a log to check that your ltft's are within range and that they go to 0 at WOT - if not, readjust the injector slope... also check the WOT NBO2 reading and adjust PE settings as necessary.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-30-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Banned

you should get your ltft setting correct at normal cruise/driving first, before adjusting the PE settings - as the normal/cruise adjustments will affect the PE.

Get your normal/cruise ltft's in the +2 to -2 range, then once those are set, you can go in and adjust the PE settings to get your NBO2's around .900...

for example, if your ltft's are +6% at normal cruise, you'd adjust the injector slope to -6%, and adjust PE ranges to +6. Drive for a couple days to let them "settle in" and do a log to check that your ltft's are within range and that they go to 0 at WOT - if not, readjust the injector slope... also check the WOT NBO2 reading and adjust PE settings as necessary.
1. i thought we were concerned with the LTFT values at WOT after we had and warmed up and the pcm estalished a LTFT.

2. if i am postitive at WOT, or if my LTFT stays positive during part throttle;

*(my LTFT changes from -7.0 to +7.o and back and forth, usually settling -.78 to +.78; with the PE 6%)

then i should increase the PE and decrease the slope value as well ?

*(this would mean i need to adjust my injector slope to -6% to match my PE of +6%)

or i guess i adjust the WOT 4k-7k trim and use the part throttle LTFT to do the 2k-4k trim ????
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

sobaka: Don't mean to be rude... but can you create a new post (link to this one for historical relevance) for further predator questions?

Only reason I'm asking is that the more threads that are specific for a question... the better the search will be for people that have this same question in a year

Thanks (I looked into splitting this thread... but vbb split looks like a PITA ... so easiest solution is if you create a new thread w/your questions... put a link to this thread ... )
Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Banned

no problem, when i get it done ill delete some of my bs
Old 06-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Thought I'd chime in and put in my $0.02 in regards to tuning with the Predator.

I've had really good luck with it so far. My car is a bolt on LS1 GTO with a GT2-3 cam and 243 heads. My car had already been tuned for the heads/cam so the predator has allowed me to tweak it for some of the changes I've made including shorty headers, a ported 80mm throttle body, and my most recent/biggest mod of 48lb injectors and tuning my car for E85. (Which is going great so far! )

I think what it comes down to is that ranges like 2-4k/4-7k for PE and spark and monitoring your ltfts to get your injector slope dialed in for modding your daily driver are great. For a full out race engine that you want every every last bit of power and each individual cell adjusted you need a custom tune, but you can still do that with the Predator.

It's very easy to use, you don't have to deal with learning a whole software package. If you're new to tuning I'd still recommend reading every tuning guide you can get your hands on so that you know what you're doing before adjusting any parameters with the Predator.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, I made this thread over 3 years ago...

Quick Reply: Predator 101 (sticky?)