Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Vig Multidisc 3600

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning Vig Multidisc 3600

I need some help. Is there any write ups on this? Any help would be appreciated.

I need to know how to get it to lock in 2nd before the shift.
How to change where it shifts.
ect.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Probably should have been in the tuning section
Old 05-06-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have to give the info in terms of ls1edit, because thats what I use to tune. You set the max mph per gear in the main transmission menu as well as max rpm per gear. There is another tab that is like normal shift vs tps. In this table you can select the mph in each gear to shift at based off mph vs throttle position angle. In the lock up table you have something similar to the shift table. You can set the mph vs tps that you want the converer to lock up in each gear and where you want it to unlock. If you want it to stay locked during the shift you need to make sure that it is check marked. I think you get much better drivability if you only lock up the converter in 4th gear at like 50-60 mph. If you don't want it to lock up at wide ope throttle set values for 80%-100% at 255mph. If you decide you would like lock up sooner then enable it to lock in 3rd gear. 2nd gear I feel is a little to slow to use the lock up and you may get bucking depending on your cam and engine combo. If you want to cancel out lock up in 2nd just set all value to 255 in that row. I have a shift kit so I don't mess around with the pressure tables at all. I hope this wasn't too confusing.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

thanks. I read about the shift points and it said the same you said but It still goes to 6300rpm and 5mph over the speed I put in. I cant figure out what im doing wrong.

as for the wot lock. I would like to lock it at about 60 or at least try it there and keep it locked until ~130.

The part I dont understand is. I start the speed say at 81.25? before or after? and once I start it do I put 60 there and then do I go up a few mph in 87.50? btw is that tps?

Edit: If I want it to lock up during wot do i just copy the normal table to the performance?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Performance table is not used for the f-body. Only the normal and hot tables will have an effect. The top numbers on the table are tps values. If you want the tranny to lock at 60 under wot then you need to tell it to lock in second gear at 60 for all the tps values, and also fill in 60 for all of the 4th gear values. Set it to unlock at say 55 mph in the unlock table. That will keep you locked up over 60 mph to what ever the car would max out at mph wise.

Stalled cars often go a little over the set shift point. Tell it to shift earlier than you want till it shifts where you like. You can also try lowering the shift times. I set my shift times at .350 seconds. Watch out for misfires unlocking your converter. I have had to disable my misfire table to get perfect lock up all the time.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

I really appreciate all the help. Theres just not much info on this...

Im have had some serious misfire issues... Right now its just during idle but it had been really bad even during driving. It would barely even run.. I checked the talbes and they were already set at 3XXXX number. Ill try what you said with the lock up, thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just wanted to edit my last reply. I meant to say lock it up in third and fourth, not second. I shut my misfire table off as it messes with the lock up. With the smaller converter that I have the computer can not read the misfires correctly anyhow so why waste time with them. I take a couple weeks of driving to dial in my tranny shift settings. It only took two days to get the engine tuned. lol Not many people do their own tuning it seems these days, but glad to give out info for those willing to try. I learned with a lot of trial and error and reading the boards.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

I thought about trial and error but I was afraid of messing up the tranny lol..