PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband hooked up to HPtuners. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wideband hooked up to HPtuners. Now what?

I just got my LC1 wideband hooked up to my Hptuners and have logged some data. I guess Im just not sure what to do with it. Where should my a/f ratio be at what rpm? I was told I should be around 11.7 at WOT. I can post up my tune and my log data if anyone is willing to help. I was comparing my a/f to my ltft. in one cell the a/f was 13.1 and in the same cell the ltft was +21. Does that make any sense at all?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your lt trim was +21 your base tune is way way off. How did u tune for the the 43lb injectors. By the 12.5 to 13 AFR is best power at WOT. You need to get your trims about -2 to -4. Then you can use the WB.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

so i guess the big question is, how do i get my ltrims in line? I was told that i can't follow the normal ve tuning data because i'm boosted and the map sensor will max out. i have no idea what that means, but i read it somewhere. my injectors are all at 41.xx i think. i emailed allen at nelson performance and i'm hoping he'll fix it. we'll see. Should the wideband ONLY be used for wot a/f? If so, where should my a/f be at part throttle and how do i fix that? all i know is, my ltrims are fucked up.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

part throttle should be around 14.7:1 WOT I'm not sure about... I'm not real familiar with boosted applications ... but the 11.7:1 sounds like a good starting point... I wouldn't go as lean as high 12s w/a boosted motor
Old 06-21-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=P Mack]If you're logging in closed loop your a/f histogram should look something like this except richer at wot, 11.7 would probably be fine.

I have a question though, where is the map sensor located on a whipple blower setup?[/QUOTE

That's exactly what my log looks like but my wot stuff is like 11.25.

I'm concerned about my ltrims.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are your map and IAT sensors in the intake tract?

Also, seems to me you should be able to disable the maf to tune as long as you stay out of boost.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

don't know where either of the sensors are.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason I ask is if your IAT is before the whipple you won't be getting accurate temp readings and your ve calculations will be off. What kind of IAT's are you seeing under boost?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by P Mack
The reason I ask is if your IAT is before the whipple you won't be getting accurate temp readings and your ve calculations will be off. What kind of IAT's are you seeing under boost?
i was just cruising along a few hours ago in SD mode, still waiting for the ltrims to show something other than 0 and for the strims to show 0. i looked at my iat. it said "-38F". um, how is that possible? and my engine load said .38%

something is not right
Old 06-22-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
i was just cruising along a few hours ago in SD mode, still waiting for the ltrims to show something other than 0 and for the strims to show 0. i looked at my iat. it said "-38F". um, how is that possible? and my engine load said .38%

something is not right
Sounds like the IAT sensor is either not hooked up or a wiring problem somewhere..... locate the IAT sensor and make sure it doesn't seem damaged