Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!!!!!!! car studdrs like hell

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!!!!!!!!! car studdrs like hell

OK the car will idel and everything but when you try to take off from red lights and **** but no power and you can here the engin studdering and ******* up....It has done this before and just went away... I have done the plug wires, plugs, fuel filter, and pcv valve
no idea ????????? sometimes does not do it,, sometimes it does
BUT if I run the **** out of it it seams to go away for that time then next time i start car and **** it does it again

hhheeelllppppp
Old 07-05-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exact same thing happened to me in a different vehicle and I found out that one of the FRONT o2 sensors was bad. The vehicle would idle find but when i gave it gas it had no power. Are you throwing any codes?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

no codes and yea last time I changed BOTH front o2's and still did not help. I have no back o2's
Old 07-06-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

could be in the tune?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Restricted User

Try putting the tune back in, maybe more than once, then let idle for 15-20min, then very easily part throttle to learn the trims again and everything else. I had this issue when I put HPT into my buddies 02 SS and after several diagnostic checks nothing. Put the tune back in and kept trying, after a few times, it eventually started to clear up, little by little and then just stopped doing it. Good luck, I know how much of PITA it is.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have my tune MTI did it
so now what ???
Old 07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

call mti and ask them about it, tell them your probelms
Old 07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Default PM message

"Ouoted from a PM conversation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Hawk354
Im having what seems to the exact problems as you are. I took the car into the dealer, they went through all the sensors, and fuel system and ruled out all that (injectors, filter, ect). After they admitted they had no idea so i took the car back to stop labor charges. They did say the next thing they would do is check/replace the MAF, then look into ECM problems.

Just wanted to ask if u found out anything, and maybe even fixed ur problem you could PM me and let me know. I'd also like to get this problem fixed. Thnx for your time.

Hey whats up.
Uh the problem, lets see, well i did the mafless setup same problem even with a slight mafless tune, changed wires- same problem, did the spark plugs same problem, Kicked the tires and swore at it - same problem, start messing with tunes- same problem
put my oldest known working tune in which would be pretty much stock and tuned her, she works about 80% better with slight power gain. but i still and can feel it burp abit under (load)throttle from a stop. and think , i know i can hear it kinda likes it's missing when just cruising. and she doesn't feel strong up top, like i just moved the power curve which just moved the hesitation or missing. I also just got a hole weld in my exh, it's a bit smoother and takes off easier but it still kinda hesitates. so i'm hoping it's my fuel filter. thats not something that can easly be tested b/c it's not a constant hesitation from fuel PSI but it needs to be changed anyhow. . so . so far the tune has made the difference. but it still feels likes it there just placed differnet in the curve. and it's just something the happened, so that made it hard to beleive it would be a tune. something probably just un clogged itself a bit... thats what i got so far. i keep you up to date, let me know if you come up with anything.. thanks
SoL
So far i've done the fuel filter- results the same, mid power feels alright but down below and up top just sound like it's hesitating, missing, not making any power.
i got the feeling it's now either my fuel pump getting weak or my valvetrain has gotten weak.. one thing is sometimes it goes away and the car pulls nice after that then moments laters it's there again, which brings me to believe it's the fuel pump or it's a combination of both. i'm putting in a inline secondary fuel pump. so will see what happens after that.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

I did springs, cam ,pushrods,retainers all at the same time. think they could go bad and why with only like 40,000 miles and it whent away before so why whould it to that
Old 07-07-2005, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

I'm also using the manely spring, after an extended period of time and constant revs to 6850-7500rpms. I ended up replacing 2 severly weak spring that had compressed causing my car to bog at 1/2 throttle, missfire, backfire, the whole works. I also have quite a few miles on these springs. So after i do the fuel pump I'll be doing my pushrods and valve springs again. Nothing last for every. i dont want to but if the pump dont work it's probablly something with the valvetrain or a bad cam sensor.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

but how could prings cause problem then just go away for like 20,000 miles
Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

oh i see what your saying, it didn't it at first went away now 20k later it's doing it again. could of been differnet issues then.
but if it's not fuel delivery, it's o2's or valvetrain left, but my o2's are reading out fine, the reason why i figured it might be my valvetrain i probably got around 40k+ on these springs. then i figured having a weak spring will cause differations in the way the spring preforms when there Cold, MED, and Hot. I've noticed recently when cold I hear what might be a vavle tapping (cars running crappy), at engine temp with mild driving, (med) she'll go through th rpms smoother then she has every ran, (Occasionally, once in ablue moon) when hot she'll be drivable but better then when cold, but no tapping of any valves. assuming thats what i'm hearing. so i'm thinking it could be one or multi slow responsive vavles
Old 07-08-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

well I have new spring to put on and looked for a broken one just now, I can't see anything broken new springs here going to put them in
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the plugs are so easy to change with all this **** off doing that too , and really reallly goo dtime to check header bolts cause so open let me know if springs fix yours I will be back after too
Old 07-13-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

ok so any good news with the fuel pump???
Old 07-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Check the MAF Sensor... could be dirty
Old 07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Check the altanator and see if it has a low circuit when the a/c is on. My car was hesitating and shacking and surging really bad , then it would go away, all of a sudden it would come back every once and a while. It had a hot wire that runs to the battery "the little spot where your suppose to hook up the jumper cables" touching the ground on the altanator. Sorry dont know what that is thing is called.hope that might help you.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

ok so I am changing springs but I checked noe of the old ones after 40,000 miles and its not tersting any softer than one of the new ones?????
will have car back together tomarow
Old 08-03-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Ok the springs are in and still doint it but guessing I needed to change them them anyways after 40,000 miles
ay other options/???