PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to lock a 4L60 temporarily in 2nd with HPT

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Naked AV

That's it - put the selector in 2nd and it starts in 2nd. Tried it tonight and it worked beautifully. Which is a good thing, because my HPT decided to stop working all of a sudden. Says "Unable to connect to VCM. Verify cable is connected and key is in the RUN position." Tried numerous times with no dice.

Oh brother. If it isn't one thing, it's another. Good news is that Transgo said they would help me work out the tranny problem is tomorrow. Bad news is I have no HPT anymore. Was there some sort of recall on the EIO cables that went out? Perhaps that is what my issue is.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes there is.

Email support@hptuners.com

We recently went through this and got our black unit back pretty quickly.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

just about every car ive had starts in 2nd and stays there if i you it in it. my ranger even does it. i think my 94 caprice did too.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:09 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Naked AV
I have to troubleshoot and repair a problem with a Transgo install gone awry, but in the interim I need to drive my vehicle for a little while. Is there any way I can program the tranny to start off in 2nd (not 1st) so I don't have to deal with this unbearably harsh 1-2 shift?
what happened with the install? also, what is Transgo doing to help?

sorry to hear about your troubles
Old 08-07-2005, 01:24 PM
what a rush!

ttt, so whats the deal? fix it? interested to know the outcome.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Naked AV

I drove up to Transgo yesterday and they fixed the issue. The connector that goes to the solenoid monitoring line pressure was not connected. This could have actually been diagnosed with HPT, had mine not taken a dump....the solenoid would have thrown a code, and I would have seen it.

I can't tell you how much nicer it is having your vehicle on a lift and working standing up than it is on your back with the vehicle on jackstands.

We also replaced the plastic forward accumulator piston with a billet aluminum piece made by Transgo. The one I had ordered from OPT was not the correct one, and did not fit when I attempted to install it last Sunday, July 31st (the hole in the piston was too small for the pin). Be wary of ordering this part from OPT.

Thanks to all those who helped with this issue. Starting in 2nd was the answer for me until I got the fix.