PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0200, P0300, & P0301 Problem solved!!! (Very Long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0200, P0300, & P0301 Problem solved!!! (Very Long)

I got the following codes a few days ago, but it was intermitent for about a month: P0200 Inj Circuit Malf, P0300 Random multi misfire det, and P0301 Cyl #1 misfire det. The problem got real bad a few days ago to the point when you put the key to the run position, it would blow the Inj #1 Fuse. This fuses controls the entire drivers side injectors AND coil packs. Before I knew this, I spent $71.00 for a new coil. Problem still was there. Tried to do the old school, Let it burn diagnostic, ( NOT RECOMMENDED ) using a paper clip in the fuse spot. Key in run position, paper clip almost turns white hot, and melts in half before I can get key turned off!!! Decide to check wires behind the intake so off comes the intake. This may have been a good thing because my oil press sensor was cracked so bad at the base, it fell apart when I touched it. Ordered new sensor from Advance Auto, ( They had a radiator in stock for my boy's Toyota Fore Runner, but don't have this in stock? ). Install sensor and fix an incomplete splice I had on my Comp wire harness, that I thought might be causing the problem. Put everything back together, put new fuse in, key to run , POP Inj #1 Fuse!!! I disconnect the coil pack connector, put a new fuse in and key to run. No pop. Connect connector with key still to run, POP, but this time I feel a pressure from one of the connector wires when I reconnected. Ohm out the vehicle end and coil pack end to frame. Vehicle end ohms out off line on all terminals. Coil pack end all off line, UNTIL I get to the PINK wire lead that ties all the coil packs together for power. First just .002, then .239 .439. .800, then a whopping 1.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something deffinitely wrong with the PINK POWER WIRE. I remove coil packs, take off the coil pack harness, remove heat wrap on ALL wires, don't see any thing until I get to lead #3? Indentation on heat wrap, remove heat wrap, dent in the PINK wire with tell tell dark spot and you can see the wires!!!!!!!!! Cut at dark spot, butt spliced, wrapped with e tape rewrapped entire harness with e tape. Installed everything, car runs fine!!!!!!!!! Dealer did work 3 years? ago that required coil packs to be removed. Chuckle Heads pinched the power wire between the coil bracket and the valve cover!!!!!!!!!!! Bracket was sawing away at this wire for 3 years!!!!!!!!!!! Almost gave in and took it to the dealer$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Glad I didn't!!!!

Last edited by FaSS Blac; 08-16-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for writing a problem and solution, thats helps many others including myself on what to check in a misfire situation or blown fuse situation.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I am glad you found the problem. Doesn't it feel better fixing it yourself instead of taking it to a dealer. They would have charged you a few hundred more than likely.

Bill

Quick Reply: P0200, P0300, & P0301 Problem solved!!! (Very Long)