Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tune for MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best tune for MPG?

I want to tune my car for complete MPG. I could care less about power at the moment. I can afforrd the gas hikes easily, but I don't deem it necessary to give away my money to greedy people. I want to do a separate tune for the track and one for daily driving. Can someone give me some tips on what parts of the tune work best for saving gas?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:21 AM
FormerVendor

you can do a psuedo lean cruise thing but you will be in open loop full time while cruisng on the street. Do you have a WB if so force the car into open loop and set your open loop fuel air table for leaner mixtures at the temps you car runs then dial your ve/maf table in so actual=commanded
Old 08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Do any packages offer a sort of auto-tune method for the OLFA table, like they do for MAF & VE? My idle closed loop idle AFR seems to be richer on average since I dialed in the VE with the wideband.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I actually don't have a WB at this time. As much as everyone raves about them, I think I will order one here pretty soon. I wish someone would hack the lean cruise code. If it was C++, I would be all over it. However, assembly code is Greek to me.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JimMueller
Do any packages offer a sort of auto-tune method for the OLFA table, like they do for MAF & VE? My idle closed loop idle AFR seems to be richer on average since I dialed in the VE with the wideband.

You dont need an autotune for the OLFA table all this tables job does, is tell the PCM the commanded desired AFR. Nothing more nothing less. This is a table YOU build to suit your needs. My table is set to 1.0 all over. Some set it to 1.0 from 15kpa-75kp and then 1.13 but at the end of the day that table is what you wnat it to be. Now if actual=commanded is another story and you need to dial that in with the ve table or the MAF table.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Efilive has an open loop airfuel scewing table. It is part of their custom operating systems. "i had a rich condition from my headers are cruising speeds, so i LEANED them out at that range with that table"

It works for my rich condition just fine, hint hint....

You just put in your desired af ratio vs rpm and map and it works great.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wait4me, mind PMing me a price for the commercial upgrade so I can flash a custom OS? The price would pay for itself in about a month from gas savings. Also, I sent someone your way Sunday about a 98 PCM. You're a good guy so I'm trying to bring you more business.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

150.00 is the cost for the upgrade to full flash capabilities, and the tables are very simple to set up.
If people cover the shipping cost, i set up the computer for them for free to use the custom operating systems, But you still have to do your "changes" to the file.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ...........

what the heck is this for .........efi live? im lost...........

Originally Posted by wait4me
150.00 is the cost for the upgrade to full flash capabilities, and the tables are very simple to set up.
If people cover the shipping cost, i set up the computer for them for free to use the custom operating systems, But you still have to do your "changes" to the file.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
FormerVendor

Yes that 150 is the cost to enable full reflash capabilities in EFIlive. It also allows you to use their Custom OS for free and on any vehicle one you have full reflash capabilities. Custom OS features include: Vallet mode, dual spark maps, 2/3 SD tuning, boost enrichment, boost retard and a Pseudo lean cruise mose (semi open loop). For more information visit www.efilive.com and checkout the lates release and all the updates associated with it