EFILive Screen shots as requested by HPT

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magnus
- custom pids = yes
yes
Can you take and make your own pids? Ie if I wanted to take LTFT 1 and add it to STFT 2 and then divide by 2 is that possible?

- not sure what you mean by link between scanner and data but we can aplly histograms to editor data and also automatically create histograms (with correct axis labelling) from the editor tables.
Yes, you can still import histograms. We make it even easier in 2.0. You don't even have to open up tables to do it in 2.0
Like Paul mentioned, the scanner and editor link. The editor will highlight the cell that is in the scanner. [/quote]

- semi customizable guages doesn't rate on anyone not sure why it is there
Our gauges are fully customizable.
Can you change the font size/type, needle placement, font placement, needle size, etc?

- our EIO has 2 outputs as well as 4 inputs
Correct.
Thats what I had in the comparsion. Updated it shortly after.

I have updated the PDF to reflect new changes. I will not post the link to it as it is the same in the other thread. If the mods and such dont' mind me posting it, I will, otherwise I will keep updating it with new infomation and link will be in the other thread.

Last edited by Black02SS; 08-31-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Can you take and make your own pids? Ie if I wanted to take LTFT 1 and add it to STFT 2 and then divide by 2 is that possible?

Like Paul mentioned, the scanner and editor link. The editor will highlight the cell that is in the scanner.

Can you change the font size/type, needle placement, font placement, needle size, etc?
Black02SS you will find out what can be done in 2.0 when it makes public release. Until then you may want to find a new hobby as this one is not panning out for you.

I already told you the stuff you are yacking about is just not being requested on our side. That means either the users just don't care about features like font size/type, needle placement, font placement, needle size, etc, or it does not affect their ability to tune a vehicle.

As for the scanner/editor table link, I dont see the value in that. The histogram does that as it uses the actual VE table size. Why dont you tell people that you cannot even edit the 3D graph in live, or that 2.0 now has tracking highlight indicators between the graph and table to show you where you are at all times. That is a very valuable feature when it comes to hand smoothing and creating curves.

If "gameboy" features are what you are after, maybe we could have our stuff play a video while flashing or have the interface unit chime out your favorite show tunes.

Ken
Old 08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
Black02SS you will find out what can be done in 2.0 when it makes public release. Until then you may want to find a new hobby as this one is not panning out for you.

I already told you the stuff you are yacking about is just not being requested on our side. That means either the users just don't care about features like font size/type, needle placement, font placement, needle size, etc, or it does not affect their ability to tune a vehicle.

As for the scanner/editor table link, I dont see the value in that. The histogram does that as it uses the actual VE table size. Why dont you tell people that you cannot even edit the 3D graph in live, or that 2.0 now has tracking highlight indicators between the graph and table to show you where you are at all times. That is a very valuable feature when it comes to hand smoothing and creating curves.

If "gameboy" features are what you are after, maybe we could have our stuff play a video while flashing or have the interface unit chime out your favorite show tunes.

Ken

maybe you didnt read PSJ's request in the last thread. Talk about what your program can do not what you feel is important/un-important with the other. Your last post will definately get this locked again.

No we cant edit the 3-d graph the users didnt ask for it and we also have a higlight tracknig feature which shows where you are on the graph and table at all times. Heres a hint. Dload the demo version take notes and then devise your feature list.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Ken
Nothing in my post on here nor in the last thread have I disrespected HPT in any way. Yet I have two sponsors from the same company take shots at me and bash my posts. Nowhere have I done anything wrong, violated the rules of this forum or presented my opinion. All I have ever stated was fact and will continue to do so. My comments above were directed to Keith's statements and my resoning for putting the descriptions as I did. If you feel they are inaccurate, then let me know in a civil manner. I like my hobby and am here to stay so get used to seeing me.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
maybe you didnt read PSJ's request in the last thread. Talk about what your program can do not what you feel is important/un-important with the other. Your last post will definately get this locked again.

No we cant edit the 3-d graph the users didnt ask for it and we also have a higlight tracknig feature which shows where you are on the graph and table at all times. Heres a hint. Dload the demo version take notes and then devise your feature list.

It won't get locked on may account Humpinss.

Riddle me this....

If the guys on this thread and the other thread ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/372565-hp-tuners-efi-live-comparison.html ),

are nothing more than happy EFI Live users, then why are you guys hell bent on tracking down our beta customers to do your own comparisons on the pre beta 2.0 that was released so they could tune the LS2?

I know that none of your names are on our beta list. I would think that you are so happy with what you have, there would be no time to run over and see what we are getting ready to release.

Or at the very minimum report the power gains being made on the LS2 by these shops.

Now I wont mention any names, but they appear on both of these and tons of other threads.
It is you guys who are directly responsible for getting these threads locked down.

Ken
Old 08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Ok, again nowhere in that post did I post anything bad about HPT or my opinon. So I didn't get the thread locked. It was semi decent until Chris and Keith came in and started getting shitty with me. I still didn't say a bad thing against HPT. If my posts got the thread locked and were unhelpful, let me share something with you and I will remove the name because I don't have his/her permission to post it.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Ken

I do have my own copy of HPT 1.7. I am a paying customer, I hope this isnt how you treat existing customers who disagree or have a difference of opinion about your software. I can PM you my Customer ID and email addy if you'd like hell I even have a few posts on your forum .
Old 08-31-2005, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
Ken

I do have my own copy of HPT 1.7. I am a paying customer, I hope this isnt how you treat existing customers who disagree or have a difference of opinion about your software. I can PM you my Customer ID and email addy if you'd like hell I even have a few posts on your forum .
I already knew that.
I would buy this and other stories if these conversations were about 1.7, and not 2.0
We treat our customers with the highest respect, but will not be jerked around by current or previous ones.

Nobody answered my "riddle me this" question.
Seems some things get replied to by certain folks, others just get ignored

Ken
Old 08-31-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

No where do I try and track down your beta testers. So what are you getting at?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

well this thread went to $hit fast...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

I appologize horist but I feel I have done nothing wrong.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

As for the scanner/editor table link, I dont see the value in that.

Ken

Do yourself a favour Ken, look at the face on a guy/gal that makes their living from tuning see that function working, that will answer your doubts, I can only assume you simply don't understand the linking function.
Or perhaps you are so excited that you no longer need to use Excel to tune you figure nothing else matters.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Default To answer Kens question

Yes they are happy EFILive users that most likely choose not to get into these long drawn out debates about the softwares, aside from the fact that most of them have only used 1-2 softwares (Edit and then Live) they would come off as being more biased than Chad and I . No one tracked down any of your beta testers. In the last week so many have posted they have their own copies of 2.0 and are using it you all should have released it with a warning to customers about its beta status. A few that have seen it and used it have told us what is functional what isnt and what plans on being added. Some of your testers have even dloaded the demo version of Live just so they can relay any enhancements you all may need to add to your package before it is released ie(filters,custom pids, minimum cell counts which werent there in 2.04 but were added in 2.05 based on screen shots i was privy to see)
Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

... and this is the reason I stay out of the tuning forum. Admin note: Moderators, clean/lock/etc. any future threads as necessary, these pissing matches aren't doing anyone any good. They're getting way too far off a healthy comparison to be useful to our members. Its a benefit to us that both companies have chosen to sponsor the site, I just wish they would BOTH stop acting like everyone is out to get them. Instead of pointing fingers and getting all worked up, it would be much more professional for both companies to CONSTRUCTIVELY bounce off each other to strengthen their positions. Face it - HPTuners and EFILive are at the top of the game. NOBODY, on ANY platform, offers as powerful of tools as these two companies offer to the public. I just wish they could co-exist on a message forum without themselves or their supporters getting emotional about it!!!

So with that:
1. HP Tuners or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on EFILive.
2. EFILive or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on HP Tuners.

If the order I posted the company names gets you worked up:
1. EFILive or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on HP Tuners.
2. HP Tuners or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on EFILive.

Members: if a post of yours is locked, edited for content, or removed -- and you feel this was in error -- feel free to contact the moderators (name will generally be listed in the "edited by" line if it were edited, otherwise anyone if it were removed). Otherwise, feel free to contact one of the Administrators.

This crap has GOT to stop. This isn't the first time we've had businesses battle on the forums, and we've learned how to deal with it and allow all parties to coexist and prosper. Both companies are too valuable to our community to be spending their time arguing!

I am pretty excited about being able to see both packages mature and grow in feature set and usability, because all that matters at the end of the day is that you're able to get the job done. Truthfully, I don't think you could go wrong with either package. Neither of them are lacking in tuning ability for 99% of the community. For the remaining 1%, if there's a feature or parameter missing from the package you chose to go with, my bet is if you ask and it makes sense to be added, it WILL be added. Both companies are dedicated to the advancement of their product and support of our community.