PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer does not respond to any ratio changes in editor.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer does not respond to any ratio changes in editor.

My speedo does the same thing no matter what I put in the ratio boxes. Symptoms of what??????? I have flashed twice each with M6 images and A4 images and no change. Wire colors matched when I spliced. Bad sensor? Bad reluctor?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you get any reading? If yes, is it the stock reading and would it be accurate for the stock gears?

What software are you using?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

I do get a reading. I suppose I should have explained my setup further but I kinda took it for granted it would be evident what I was doing. I am doing a M6 to 700r4 conversion. I have learned that the A4 sensor is 17 pulses opposed to M6's 40. So I thought changing my flash to an A4 image with the altered ratios would do the trick. I am using LT1 Edit. Even with 1.76 as the ratio, the speedo still climbs at the same rate. I appears to be 2X fast which makes sense because 17 is just under half of 40. However, I have not been able to tune it out.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it is reading right for stock, it seems that the issue is not mechanical. After you loaded up the correct gear ratio, did you a read of your PCM to see if the change actually stuck?

I'm going to move this to PCM and see if you get more help there.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Veteran

I have not yet done a PCM read. I have just kinda taken it for granted that it's in there. However, there are some things I am going to be trying. Buying a new speed sensor (the one I have was bought used from a tranny shop and could be wrong), double checking my wiring for shorts, and driving the car with the PCM communicator and scanning for codes. I'll also do a PCM read to see what's actually in there. Since both the M6 and A4 are 4,000 PPM, I should just be able to splice pigtails, reflash and go correct???