PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners and Superchips partnership

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoff, our interface that is in most of the big name ls1tech.com shops will be able to be upgraded to an interface that will support all 3, GM, Ford and Dodge..

It will be the same VCM Suite style software just with larger vehicle support.

There will be no new hardware needed to be purchased for every vehicle like in the examples you bring up. We are not going to change our methods.

Think of how some of the big tuners on ls1tech.com are currently doing it with our product... and just add the ability to add ford and dodge licenses without having to change your hardware or software package.

Also, through this partnership we will be taking on more distributors as well to help move our product. Due to the fact that it will cover so many more applications there are many more customers out there who will benefit from our tuning solutions which could be purchased through shops like Speed INC., Futral, texas-speed, LG Motorsports, W2W, etc. etc..

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 10-01-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
When did MSD take over Superchips, or have they always been in control?

Geoff, I understand where you are coming from, and you have raised some valid questions.
June of this year.

http://www.superchips.com/press_more.phtml?prk=1
Old 10-01-2005, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Does this mean we will be able to scan and datalog Ford & Dodge OBD2 with the new release?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
Does this mean we will be able to scan and datalog Ford & Dodge OBD2 with the new release?

looks like it will be possible as long as you get the new hardware
Old 10-01-2005, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
In v2.0 no, but the upcoming USB hardware is capable of it.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gameover
I'm not sure what you mean, SCT and Superchips are totally seperate companies albeit with similar names... our agreement is with Superchips and not SCT.

Also, not exactly sure what you mean by "HP Tuners on a handheld" ? Our software runs on a PC.

Chris...
How's is it going to work if everything is not going to be uploaded to a handheld unit? I can't imagine Superchips would allow it otherwise. Doesn't seem like it is going to help tuners a whole lot they are usually the ones that have to straighten out the messes and most customers don't care as long as there car runs good. I think I would have developed software for the Ford vehicles before selling out to Superchips.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 94SS
How's is it going to work if everything is not going to be uploaded to a handheld unit? I can't imagine Superchips would allow it otherwise. Doesn't seem like it is going to help tuners a whole lot they are usually the ones that have to straighten out the messes and most customers don't care as long as there car runs good. I think I would have developed software for the Ford vehicles before selling out to Superchips.
from reading the posts they've said it will be like it is now...but if you order the new hardware you'll be able to add on ford & chrysler vehicles as well as gm's for pretty much the same price that weve always had...if im reading it correctly. I assume superchips has access & knowledge of ford/chrysler computers so will only be able to help in getting the software to the market faster...as far as hpt's roll in the whole thing in how they can make superchips a better company I dont know the answer to that...maybe at sema we'll find out if your good at reading between the lines you'd probably know this has been in the making for a year if not more...just reading posts from late last year I could feel something big was coming & they would be tuning other makes...this was probably just a quicker way to do it knowing they'd already have people backing them.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be interesting. Superchips is giving a lot of information if the above post is true.

Last edited by slow; 10-01-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Teching In

If SCT has no affilliation with Superchips and they plan to come out with a GM and Dodge product also wouldn't you think they are going to be in conflict of eachother.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
When did MSD take over Superchips, or have they always been in control?

Geoff, I understand where you are coming from, and you have raised some valid questions.
If I recall correctly they did it within this year. MSD was taken over by another company/group of investors not to long ago either. Used to be a family buisness.

Frank
Old 10-01-2005, 10:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slow
It should be interesting. Superchips is giving a lot of information if the above post is true.

Of course it's true

We could not have teamed up with a better group of guys
Old 10-02-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

i dunno about the HP/SUperchips thing, but the Gm/Dodge/Ford thing is sweet. i have been tellin my non gm freinds about HP Tuners and showin them what i can do to my car and they were amazed.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gameover
all files are already encrypted in v2.0
I had a feeling. No further comment from me at this time.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Teching In

I've had Superchips hand held programmers. Didn't work out well and I'm not a fan of that approach.

Speaking as an existing LS1/6 HPT user and potential future customer, I don't see how the HPT partnership with Superchips and the almost year long delay of 2.0 is of benefit.

I share many of Geoff's concerns. Geoff, thanks for posting. In my experience, when successful focused small companies merge with a large behemoths like MSD, it's not a good for the user. Anyone experiece the local brick-n-mortar, MSD owned, Supershops hi performance stores? Not a win for the customer, IMO.

I hope I am wrong on this one.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only benefit i could think of for Superchips has a wider beta testing area. Think about it having hundreds of shops with HPT would create a wonderful R&D for Superchips and there Handhelds. Iono just an idea.

"The more who know the more different approaches can be found, mixed, and made the best."
Old 10-02-2005, 10:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mfrnka
I've had Superchips hand held programmers. Didn't work out well and I'm not a fan of that approach.

Speaking as an existing LS1/6 HPT user and potential future customer, I don't see how the HPT partnership with Superchips and the almost year long delay of 2.0 is of benefit.

I share many of Geoff's concerns. Geoff, thanks for posting. In my experience, when successful focused small companies merge with a large behemoths like MSD, it's not a good for the user. Anyone experiece the local brick-n-mortar, MSD owned, Supershops hi performance stores? Not a win for the customer, IMO.

I hope I am wrong on this one.
I hope your wrong too in all honesty I may not be a fan of that approach but I think for what they are trying to accomplish in a short amount of time I think in the end this can/will be a good decision on their part. As far as a "year long delay of 2.0" they put out 1.5 in october of last year, 1.6 in january & 1.7 in may...its not like they sat on their hands & did nothing. And in the background they were setting up a deal to expand into other makes with hopefully the same structure as is currently implimented. There were "are we there yet" threads posted almost daily as if that was gonna make it come out any sooner...ive got a 3 year old at home that cries when she wants her mommy...is her mommy gonna come home any sooner if she yells and screams? no. All it does is gives me & my neighbors headaches is 2.0 worth the wait, yes. Is it worth the wait to be able to tune any of your friends with mustangs & hemi's, yes. So I dunno about you but I as well as alot of my friends & friends friends will benefit...you have to think about the big picture, they are.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Just a side note, it's a bit confusing when a Sponsor doesn't have what company they're representing in a place that's discernable, like their user name, or their sig (i.e. Super Sport X2 - I'm guessing you're from HPT?).
Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Another_User
I had a feeling. No further comment from me at this time.
File encryption doesn't mean diddly squat when you have direct access to the flash chip. If you know where to look there are already utilities to overcome this minor 'inconvenience'.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TB SS
Just a side note, it's a bit confusing when a Sponsor doesn't have what company they're representing in a place that's discernable, like their user name, or their sig (i.e. Super Sport X2 - I'm guessing you're from HPT?).
Yeah, I keep forgetting to change my sig

Thanks,
Ken
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
Yeah, I keep forgetting to change my sig

Thanks,
Ken
About time you changed your sig Ken, ya slacker !!

Good to see this all finally moving forward ! I think it only holds good things for the tuning community.

Congrats to HPTuners owners and staff for their accomplishments !

Cheers,
Rob (Bad30th)