PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners and Superchips partnership

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WEll I know some guy's are concerned but I'd rather wait and see want comes of it. I personally am looking forward to see the ablity of this duel as pertain's to all make's. I was wonderimg though is htere any type of software going to suport the old 87-93 fox bodies? I've got one that need's more then just a chip and was wondering if there will be any type of option in the futher?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you mean more than a chip?

If it can be calibrated in the factory computer, you can do it with a chip now, if you can't tune the car with the factory computer, and chip, you will need a stand alone setup.

I know of 1000 hp big block mopar motors being tuned on stock A9L computers with custom tuning programmed to a chip.

Ryan
Old 10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Something tells me MSD/SC/HPT is going to be an unbeatable combination of talent and resources.

Congrats guys!!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Launching!

I don't think that a hand held programmer using the HP Tuners software as an operating system is a bad idea. I'd probably buy one, just for the fact that the learning curve to use the VCM suite is pretty large. Whereas a hand held is much easier to use. Granted, for hard core tuners, or individuals that know their stuff, you can't beat the pc software. I don't see why they can't have them both. that'd be the best of both worlds. This way, everyone is happy! the guys that use the VCM suite get some incredible software, and the tuning newbies (that'd be me), get to self tune our own cars. Just my .02, and you usually get what you pay for!

Good Luck with your new partnership!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Craig Moates
I'll be keeping an eye on these developments, and they will weigh in on how my hand is played.

Dang Craig Moates over here now, woot! Dude I bought your stuff and am thirdgen member and owner, your stuff rocks!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:41 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi
What would be great is a hand held with most of the features of the software suite and optional canned tunes for us newbies. Perhaps if it had enough memory a third party could offer the canned tunes, or a service for specific tunes based on your mod list. It would make the "send in you PCM" business obsolete. Also, if your canned tune was not woring well you could keep search for better ones.

Thanks JA
Old 10-09-2005, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mfrnka
Anyone experiece the local brick-n-mortar, MSD owned, Supershops hi performance stores? Not a win for the customer, IMO.

I hope I am wrong on this one.
i used to work for supershops until they went bankrupt and closed their doors back in 1998. MSD never owned SS. SS was owned by Harry R Eberlin. he, in turn, owned Mallory ignitions, Erson, cams, and a few other smaller businesses.

After the collapse of SS, Mr Gasket bought Mallory and Erson.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:51 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Waiting for HPT 2.0 question

If the version 2.0 software no longer uses .bin files, can I read in a .bin file that I already have? If not I would have to consider buying 1.7 and upgrading the software, or consider other options altogether. I have been waiting several months for 2.0 before jumping in to a tuning package.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BJM
If the version 2.0 software no longer uses .bin files, can I read in a .bin file that I already have? If not I would have to consider buying 1.7 and upgrading the software, or consider other options altogether. I have been waiting several months for 2.0 before jumping in to a tuning package.
Yes you can still read existing .bin files
Old 10-10-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BJM
My latest beta version lets me read existing .bins just fine the newly saved files are .hpt fiiles that's all...