PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No MAF signal? Problem, won't run!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No MAF signal? Problem, won't run!

Today I was driving home at 55 when the car sputtered and died. I coasted to the side, started it up and it idled OK at first then sputtered some. WHen I gave ut gas it'd rev some and die then rev back up. I have EFI live, so I hooked it up. TPS is good, IAT was 104, the MAP sensor was reading, but the MAF flow stayed at .31 and did not move. So I swapped my buddies SLP 85mm on and same thing. The Injector load was only at 2-4%, but I assume with no airflow it will not increase. The wiring seems OK up to the MAF, but I didn't get under the car tonight. I run a stock MAF with Tybrne ends. The wires on the MAF sensor look ok.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Well, did some more searching, it has a blown engine sensor fuse, so I have a short somewhere. My O2 sensor harness is a little messed up, it might be that. I'll climb under the car tuesday and sort it out. Too tired to mess with it tonight :-)

Ed
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Thank's to your post, I found my problem my car did the same thing friday night. I found a engine fuse blown.do you know what can cause this short if you can keep me up to date.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Mine was an exposed wire on the O2 sensor. Taped it up and all is good so far. You must have some damage somewhere, should be sorta obvious. Just check all the harness leading to the sensors. Some head/cam cars have reported rubbing the harness behind the engine if it is not secured.

Good luck! I am fixed, and back on the road!

Ed
Old 11-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Thank's for the help. I found a O2 sensor wire that was melted down by the header. I fixed it now is running good.