PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Realtime tuning software?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fitment-wise, it goes into the 99+ for now. Not to say that the 98 stuff can't be added later. Fitment is just a bit more challenging though.

Software-wise, TunerCat was kind enough to step to the plate early on for beta development. There will be other options shortly, with more details to follow. Be patient, and everything should come together for the overall good.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Teching In

See if I got this right. For each LS1 engined car I tune:

1. I would replace the existing computer and tune in real time.
2. I would down load calibration file.
3. I would refit original computer and flash back in the new calibration file.

Correct?

I foresee, for minor changes, that replacing the computer might not always be required eg Diff ratio changes.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

things like gear changes don't need real time. the current offerings can do that. id imagine that this setup would be a semipermanite, not constantly swapping computers
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
id imagine that this setup would be a semipermanite, not constantly swapping computers
If this is so then this would limit the general appeal. Only people who plan to have a number of modifications over time would see the benefit of the extra expense as opposed to just a Edit.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should appeal to everyone.

Think about it,
A guy dont know how to tune, so the software eventually will tune itself.
For a beginner it would be wonderful.

Also, a dyno tuner that just drives the vehicle with the desired perameters he wants, and then the computer sets itself on the fly to those values needed to get his desired values, While the ENGINE IS RUNNING. You could do a huge complicated engine from scratch VERY quickly and it would Be Perfectly tuned on every table you ask to be fixed.

I dont see it being very limited audience oriented at all as soon as it is released.
Time and Accuracy is money.

If i can save time, and be more Accurate, Im all for it.

As for a dyno shop, Yes that would be the way to do things. Have a computer for the dyno, then after the final program is written, then transfer the data over to the customers computer. Unless they customer pays for the roadrunner.

You guys will see, As soon as they are available and auto programs are set up..
Old 01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wait4me
This should appeal to everyone.

Think about it,
A guy dont know how to tune, so the software eventually will tune itself.
For a beginner it would be wonderful.

Also, a dyno tuner that just drives the vehicle with the desired perameters he wants, and then the computer sets itself on the fly to those values needed to get his desired values, While the ENGINE IS RUNNING. You could do a huge complicated engine from scratch VERY quickly and it would Be Perfectly tuned on every table you ask to be fixed.

I dont see it being very limited audience oriented at all as soon as it is released.
Time and Accuracy is money.

If i can save time, and be more Accurate, Im all for it.
I agree, For the DIY and professional Tuner great stuff!

As for a dyno shop, Yes that would be the way to do things. Have a computer for the dyno, then after the final program is written, then transfer the data over to the customers computer. Unless they customer pays for the roadrunner.
This is the answer I was looking for.

You guys will see, As soon as they are available and auto programs are set up..
I am on the list, thanks for the reply.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Folks,

Okay, this is moving still. More beta units are readied for testing. There are two units which are running virtually 24/7 without any Flash memory at all. I'll leave it to other members (the testers themselves) to comment on their experience.

These realtime units have been utilized recently to knock out some really tough idle tuning issues. Operation and communication seems very solid. Have yet to kick the snot out of the wireless stuff, but it is solid with some caveats.

Availability still looks good in terms of schedule. Doing everything needed to expand the software coverage as well as accomodating the desired hardware feature creep. Should have several hundred ready to fly by mid 1Q06.

I'll have some how-to's posted shortly for the Vette guys to show the install.

I timed a fellow 2 days ago for the PCM swap exercise. He had it down to 4 minutes with hand tools only. With pneumatics I think it would get down to 2 minutes.

The operation of the software/hardware interface is a bit of a curve, but not too bad. It really is one of those things that you need to do once or twice before you brag to the other guys that it is simple as heck. Just once or twice to learn, and then you're on to using.

Like I said, there's beta units running now full-time as daily drivers. No problems have turned up so far. Everything's a 'go'. Keep your eyes peeled, the wheels are turning steadily.

-Craig
Old 01-13-2006, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Damn bastard child 98's!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Teching In

More testing results show that the 99+ vettes work like a charm. Tuned fuel and idle while the vehicle is running for several hours the other day. I'm getting more excited!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
SRP
11 Second Club

What is now being done or even looked at for future logging support? Can you be logging with another software package such as HP Tuners with custom Histo to compliment the TC software. I have both so i am just considering the possibilities.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Datalogging can be carried out via standard OBD2 tools while the emulator is in effect. So you can use whatever datalogging you'd like such as EFILive FlashScan.

The newest RoadRunner has provisions for integrated internally-mounted OBD2 communications as well as multi-channel A/D converters, so you'll be seeing a solution which fully integrates the emulation, datalogging, and data acquisition into a single USB cable (or wireless link).

Of course, a key benefit will be having all this same-hardware functionality built into a same-software interface. This is obviously being pursued, and you'll see the result of the effort before too long.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
SRP
11 Second Club

Sounds great Craig. Are these avialable now?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Not really. Give it a month or two. Stepping up production right now beyond the beta phase.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Teching In

OK, two months quoted above is up. Units are now stocked and available as needed.

Quick Reply: Realtime tuning software?