Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynoed today, 4 degrees knock and too lean

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynoed today, 4 degrees knock and too lean

Dynoed the car today and numbers are not where they should be. I had as much as four degrees knock in the higher rpms. I dont know what the cause is, I cant hear it. Friends are guessing its false but we dont know what the cause is.

my 02's were around .85, so I changed the MAFT from 4% lean to 0 on the WOT and put the Base back to 0 also. This was done after the dyno today so I dont know how much the O2's affected me.

since my last dyno (315hp 324trq) I took off the shorties and added Mac's with ORYP. The new numbers were 319hp and 331trq. Something has to be goin on to have only picked up 4hp and 7trq with the Mac's and ORYP. The fact that I have no cats now should have added more hp and trq than I got. Any help out there?

Oh ya, I had my Borla blocked off. I was told I could have lost 5-10hp with it capped, any truth to this?
Old 12-29-2001, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Default Re: dynoed today, 4 degrees knock and too lean

Did some reading and:

Nineball is on this board right? I found posts saying he makes KR eliminator sensors, anyone have any info on them? good or bad?

Also, saw some posts of people saying they were running 10%rich base and 8%rich wot and Knock was minimized/gone. Isnt that too rich for a 98 with the larger injectors...
Old 12-30-2001, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: dynoed today, 4 degrees knock and too lean

Yeah I saw your logs (I ataped right after you dyno). The best thing I can tell you is to buy yourself autotap, and tune accordingly with the MAFT until you are where you need to be. I wasnt too happy with my numbers either (340/355), but I had a header leak(not sure if that affected) and I was running pig rich with 26 degrees of timing. Ive since fixed the leak, and cut the EGR in hopes of leaning it out. I thought I would have been really lean considering I have ported maf and TB. I also has 0 KR on that run.