PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can I limit the WOT timing with LS1 edit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I limit the WOT timing with LS1 edit??

I see 30,5 timing advance on the spray, so I would like to limit the timing to about 25, or so.

What and where do I need to change???

thanks,
Michael
Old 05-17-2002, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: can I limit the WOT timing with LS1 edit??

In the "Engine Cal" tab you need to change your "High Octane Spark Advance" Table.

Since you probably spray above 4000 rpm you can only change the table above that. Also at WOT your flow rate is high so you don't need to change the lower gm/cyl rates. If you ATAP a non-nos WOT run you can calculate where your starting point in gm/cyl is. If you spray dry, your rate will be probably be higher (although I've never measured MAF rate on a dry shot), if wet your rate will not change.

If you only spray at the track and will load a specific program just for track use, you could take the easy way (and safe) out and reduce all your timing above 4000 rpm by 5 or 6 degrees and not worry about loosing your part throttle spark advance.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ragtop 99:
<strong>In the "Engine Cal" tab you need to change your "High Octane Spark Advance" Table.

Since you probably spray above 4000 rpm you can only change the table above that. Also at WOT your flow rate is high so you don't need to change the lower gm/cyl rates. If you ATAP a non-nos WOT run you can calculate where your starting point in gm/cyl is. If you spray dry, your rate will be probably be higher (although I've never measured MAF rate on a dry shot), if wet your rate will not change.

If you only spray at the track and will load a specific program just for track use, you could take the easy way (and safe) out and reduce all your timing above 4000 rpm by 5 or 6 degrees and not worry about loosing your part throttle spark advance.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, did that!!

All timing above 3000rpm`s is set at 23 now!!!

Thanks,
Michael
Old 05-19-2002, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

I do the same as mentioned above!

Are you running a dry kit? If so, you can find the point of max airflow N/A. (Mine is around 1.8 grams per sec) Above that in the timing table, you can reduce you timing. This gives you the best of both worlds, good timing for NA and retarded for the juice.

If you're using a wet kit, 2 programs??

Mark

<small>[ May 19, 2002, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Sparky ]</small>