PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atap on car shows one side rich, and the other not!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atap on car shows one side rich, and the other not!!

well we have been trying to get the tuning down after installing heads/cam by using ls1 edit and autotap to see how the car runs.. well the o2 sensors seem to be around .930 on one side and .880 on the other... the side that has .930 is also showing ltrims of around +10 %.... What do you think??
Old 05-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Atap on car shows one side rich, and the other not!!

Gary,
Not disputing what you are saying, but my car reads rich on the passenger side by about .030 almost all the time. It may be for the same reason though. But my fuel rails are modified with no cross-over.

This is why, I have a regulator mounted on the front of the driver's side rail, so I think the pasenger side rail actually pushed a little more fuel pressure because it gets regulated slightly later than the driver's side. Make sense?

I know lots of folks see this on the Autotap, and I always thought it was a O2 sensor issue (inconsistent).
Old 05-24-2002, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

so what can i do to fix this? nothing?? lean out the car a little more to get the .930 to a low .900?? what variable is too lean?? can i goto a .850??
Old 05-25-2002, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you are pushig big horsepower then you find that driver side is richer than the passenger side. The crossover pipe and pulse damper for the fuel rails is a restriction and causes uneven distribution.

Gary