Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM-1 to EIO Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM-1 to EIO Issues.

Ok, I read several posts, and searched, but this is driving me nuts. I hooked the LM-1 analog output red wire to the white (pin 1) of the EIO. I hooked the grounding shield to the black (pin 5 IIRC) of the EIO. I plugged the analog cable in, with the LM-1 on, and then booted up the laptop. Prior to this, the LM-1 would read a stable AFR. Once connected it started to act funny, showing the display wierd and stuff. I figured this was due to the cable being plugged in while on, and the boot process. Anyway, opened the scanner, selected the LM-1 pid, and it showed about 10.xx when the LM-1 display had 13.xx. So, I remembered to configure the LM-1. D/C HPT from the serial port, hook up the LM-1, its recognized, and start the application. I selected the afr button, making sure both analog 1 & 2 both showed 0=10 5=20. Selected program on the LM-1 to save the settings. Then when I hooked HPT back up, and LM-1, the LM-1 showed it needed calibration! Is this normal? I didnt calibrate it as I was at the track and not dressed to get under the car. But, should I be good to go once I do calibrate it? Seen where some ppl had the same issue, HPT showing the LM-1 as reading 3.x below what the LM-1 itself displayed.
Thanks.
Charlie