Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet-Hot LTs + Denso 'vette rears = ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SideStep
Ah... I was wondering how come LG never sales the adapters to F-body owners...
lol I know you know your **** so you had me running around...adaptors? I need adaptors? For my Camaro?

I picked up a pair of 13111's yesterday. I'm not going to install them yet cuz I think I have a tiny exhaust leak near both sensors, and/or contamination. I got p1133 and p1153, that's both sides

I can't find the leak though . I *think* I hear the slightest ticking coming from both collectors at idle, and when I step on the gas it makes a sort or "wheep" sound. I need an assistant to step on the gas while I put my ear to it. But when the error occurred my stft's were -2.3 and -3.1, and if I'm not mistaken, that does not supoort the idea that an exhaust leak caused the codes.

I did use a good amount of sealer on the collector joints but it was sensor-safe sealer.

I also used some aluminum tape on the collector joints. I wonder if the adhesive from this tape has containated my o2's. I'm not having fun!

I might just clear the codes and drive it some more and see what happens.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokingWS6
F-bodies use the Square connector. Vettes and trucks use the flat
trucks, at least mine does, use the square connector.

thought mine weren't wiggly enough awhile back, so i swapped in a set of the 13111 sensors. after a couple days had to go back to the stocker denso's. i only "thought" they weren't wiggly enough. the bosch's just didn't work for me in this case.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

something you guys all need to realize is that it doenst matter what o2 sensor you are using..if its a narrowband..heat(or cold) affects how it operates...
it doesnt necessarily need to switch in a nice sine wave pattern...as long as its switching...
alos if you have done anything to your vehicle...then there is a good possibility that 14.7 is no longer your o2 switchpoint value...
it m=is most liekly a higher value..
meaning stock switchpoints may be in teh 450-550 range dependent on several things....and setable in a table in your pcm,.....
but with any mod that same switchpoint may need to be higher to = 14.7...meaning that it may need to be more like 550-650 or higher!!!..
in my own personal vehicle (2000 camaro SS with longtubes, duals and an intake) my o2s switch closer to 750-850 to = 14.7(checked on 2 different brands of wideband with differernt o2 sensors)..
I wont see a nice cine wave on my scans..but I will see stft's switching back abnd forth from + to - values...
this is more of what you should watch...if stft's arent going back and forth then you have issues...
Old 05-23-2006, 04:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
My Bosch sensors took a **** a few weeks ago on me on my Kooks headers. Been running open loop ever since...I'm not gonna go back to closed loop until there is a better solution available. It is too much money to be throwing around at pure conjecture and hearsay.
I have to agree. 1000 miles on Bosch 13111 and Bank 1 O2 sensor is already taking a dump. $75 a pop every 3 months sux.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98A4LS1
I have to agree. 1000 miles on Bosch 13111 and Bank 1 O2 sensor is already taking a dump. $75 a pop every 3 months sux.
I got a pair of Bosch 13111 from Advance auto parts, they have a one year warranty. I'm not going to tell them that I'm using them as the fronts on Camaro with LT's lol.

Quick Reply: Jet-Hot LTs + Denso 'vette rears = ...