Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welp, I successfully screwed the pcm with ls1edit

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welp, I successfully screwed the pcm with ls1edit

I have a 2001 TA that i've probably programmed about 10 times successfully.

Today i wasnt so fortunate. Ls1edit went totally through programming and said it was sucecssfull like always.

Only when i went to start the car, i got nothing. I tried to reflash the pcm, but now ls1edit cant connect.

I thought about buying another pcm, but then ls1edit wouldnt work with it. I guess my only optoin is to get this one factory reflashed. Does this mean get it towed to the dealership? I really dont think they need to see the NOS on my car, etc.

I emailed carputing, hopefully i can just mail my pcm in.. wonder how much that will cost.

:-(

Shane
Old 09-01-2002, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Welp, I successfully screwed the pcm with ls1edit

Did you try pulling your battery cable and waiting 10 or so minutes? That will force a reset and might help.

If you need the pcm reflashed SpeedDemon motorsports can get it done for you in houston for a good price (out of the car). Give them a call tomorrow (I think Chris will be in) and ask. Probably wont be able to do it untill tues. because of labor day though.

Chris
Old 09-01-2002, 05:30 PM
Teching In

i tried pulling the pcm fuses like you do for a standard pcm reset, didnt help.

sweet if there is a place in houston that can do it out of the car that would be sweet.

i'll try calling them
Old 09-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Teching In

I tried calling them and emailing them, but got no response. There machine said something about a recent death in the family.

Any idea who else in houston might can do this for me? I hate to ship my PCM off. :-(
Old 09-09-2002, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shane buss:
<strong>I have a 2001 TA that i've probably programmed about 10 times successfully.

Today i wasnt so fortunate. Ls1edit went totally through programming and said it was sucecssfull like always.

Only when i went to start the car, i got nothing. I tried to reflash the pcm, but now ls1edit cant connect.

I thought about buying another pcm, but then ls1edit wouldnt work with it. I guess my only optoin is to get this one factory reflashed. Does this mean get it towed to the dealership? I really dont think they need to see the NOS on my car, etc.

I emailed carputing, hopefully i can just mail my pcm in.. wonder how much that will cost.

:-(

Shane</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What did carputing say about this? Why would their product render your PCM inoperative? What version of the software did you use?
Old 09-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Teching In

i have the latest version. Dave (I think thats his name) wants me to send the PCM into them to look at it.

I tried taking it to Oreily (supposedly they can dealer flash PCM's now), but they told me they could not "commmunicate" with the PCM. It might be totally fried. We'll see.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

Did you check to make sure you didnt blow the fuses?
Old 09-14-2002, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

FWIW: My local dealer told me the PCM & Cats are waranteed for 8yr/80K!

My advise to anyone who has toasted a PCM on a fairly stock car is to get a new one installed from a dealer at no charge. ... and send it in with a run down battery!

Ron
Old 09-14-2002, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

I had a similar experience today, but as ChrisB said, I disconnected the battery, waited about ten minutes, and the car started. LS1 Edit was giving me the same error messages. I discovered that my laptop had set the screensaver back on without my knowing it. I disabled it again and all is well again. I suspect that when the battery fell out of my laptop, the computer went back to stock settings. I have no other explanation.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

ls1 edit locks in th vehicles vin number. you can switch pcms. because a new pcm has no vin locked into it that has to be done at a dealership. just get a new pcm from the dealer and re ls1 edit it.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

It also does some other checking besides the VIN to identify a PCM. A new PCM with your VIN does not work with pcm locked ls1edit, at least according to Ken. You need to send the cable for treatment too, won't cost though if you prove your PCM fried.

<small>[ September 17, 2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: pekkaz ]</small>
Old 09-17-2002, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pekkaz:
<strong>It also does some other checking besides the VIN to identify a PCM. A new PCM with your VIN does not work with pcm locked ls1edit, at least according to Ken. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LS1EDIT only verifies the VIN #. I have 2 extra pcms that I got flashed with my VIN and they work perfectly with LS1EDIT.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:42 AM
TECH Regular

Which version did you use and how old is the cable ? I have an e-mail from Ken Kelly where he says I need an additional license if I try that and license is for PCM not VIN. Dunno what can be done to identify a PCM besides the VIN and checking if the program build otherwise matches the original PCM though.

<small>[ September 18, 2002, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: pekkaz ]</small>