Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes Help!

I am getting codes 1133, 1153, 134, and 154. Now with the SES light on it seems to put the PCM into some kind of mode where my Ltrims stay right around 0% but it's a false reading. Now when I clear the codes they average -7.7%, which I need to change with edit, but they are good readings. Since the codes keep coming back how or what do I need to do with edit to get rid of these codes without deleting them. Thanks for any help.I am getting codes 1133, 1153, 134, and 154. Now with the SES light on it seems to put the PCM into some kind of mode where my Ltrims stay right around 0% but it's a false reading. Now when I clear the codes they average -7.7%, which I need to change with edit, but they are good readings. Since the codes keep coming back how or what do I need to do with edit to get rid of these codes without deleting them. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Codes Help!

What have you done to your car recently?

Sounds like your O2's are not firing up. Could be a ground issue (maybe a power issue)

Mark
Old 09-09-2002, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well since the light came on I just welded SFC's on but the battery was disconnected. But the light was on before we welded them on. When you say ground or power issues do you have any suggestions as to what it could be? If the front O2's are smoked can I move the rear O2's to the front since the rear O2's are not in use now?
Old 09-09-2002, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

TTT
Old 09-11-2002, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the welding sparks damage any of the O2 sensor wiring? Did the fuse blow? Yes - the front and rear sensor are the same, but the left/right sensors have different part numbers.

P0134 Heated Oxygen Sensor Insufficient Activity-Sensor 1
P0154 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 1

Circuit Description:

The PCM supplies a voltage of about 450 mV between the HO2S high and low signal circuits. The oxygen sensor varies the voltage over a range from about 1,000 mV when the exhaust is rich, down through about 10 mV when the exhaust is lean.

The PCM monitors and stores the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) voltage information. The PCM evaluates the HO2S voltage samples in order to determine the amount of time the HO2S voltage was out of range. The PCM compares the stored HO2S voltage samples taken within each sample period and determines if majority of the samples are out of the operating range.

The PCM monitors the HO2S voltage and detects if the voltage goes out of the bias range. If the PCM does not detect the voltage went out of the bias range, this DTC sets.

P1133 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1
P1153 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1

Circuit Description:

The PCM monitors the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) activity for 100 seconds. During this monitor period the PCM counts the number of times that the HO2S switches form rich to lean and lean to rich. A DTC P1133/P1153 sets when the PCM determines that the HO2S did not switch enough times.

A lean to rich switch is determined when the HO2S voltage changes from less than 300 mV to greater than 600 mV. A rich to lean switch is determined when the HO2S voltage changes from more than 600 mV to less than 300 mV.

The following may cause an intermittent:

*Poor connections
*Corrosion
*Mis-routed harness
*Rubbed through wire insulation
*Broken wire inside the insulation
*Inspect the HO2S signal circuit for being shorted to a PCM ground. The HO2S signal circuit shorted to a PCM ground will not cause a HO2S low DTC to set, but will set a switching DTC.
*A malfunction in the HO2S heater circuits will cause a DTC P1133/P1153 to set. Inspect the HO2S heater circuits for intermittent opens/connections.
*An oxygen supply inside the HO2S is necessary for proper operation. This supply of oxygen is provided through the HO2S wires. All HO2S wires and connections should be inspected for breaks or contamination.

*When DTCs 1133 and P1153 are set at the same time, it is a good indication that a fuel contamination condition is present.
*An exhaust leak 6-12 inches away from the HO2S can cause a DTC to set.
*Certain RTV silicone gasket materials give off vapors that can contaminate the HO2S. There is also a possibility of silicone contamination caused by silicone in the fuel. If the sensors appear to be contaminated by silicone and all the silicone sealant is a non silicone base, advise the customer to try a different fuel company. A missing fuel filler restrictor indicates the customer may have used leaded fuel.

I'll email you the circuit diagrams also.