Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10.9 A/F Ratio Ed Wright Says Somethings Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10.9 A/F Ratio Ed Wright Says Somethings Wrong

Had my car dynoed. Putting out 380RWHP with a 10.9 A/F Ratio. I sent the PCM back to Ed to have it reprogrammed for a leaner A/F Ratio.

Ed called me up and said I have to have something wrong with my car. He said that he was running that same program in a bunch of cars and none of them are running that rich. Ed thinks I have something wrong whereas the computer see a lean condition and adds a bunch of fuel to protect itself.

My question is has anyone else ran into this problem. How can I begin to troubleshoot this and where do I look first.

Car has ARE Stage2 Heads, Custom Grind Cam, FLP Headers, no cats, Lid, Filter, LS6 MAF sensor.

Also I know atap gives 02 reading but I hear they aren't very accurate. Is the only way to test this out on a dyno? Or is there some other scan tool I can use to get correct 02 readings.

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: LEATHL_WS6 ]</small>
Old 11-01-2002, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 10.9 A/F Ratio Ed Wright Says Somethings Wrong

well the first thing to do is pull the Non factory Maf and put the stock one back on... that would be public enemy #1 check that first
Old 11-01-2002, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 10.9 A/F Ratio Ed Wright Says Somethings Wrong

I'll try that. When I make a change is there something I have to do to get the system back to normal. IE: not adding all the fuel. Will a simple PCM reset do it?