PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on which table to use.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question on which table to use.

On a speed density tune you use the main VE table under Airflow for HP tuners correct? Do you make both primary and secondary tables the same? and what about cranking VE? What is done with this? Sorry for all the questions but im just learning and im thinking anout messing around with this stuff soon and just what to make shure im doing this right. Also (sorry if this is already posted) I heard you have to hit all the boxes for the logging process what am i looking at the ltfts or the stfts? Neither? I dont know please help!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
On a speed density tune you use the main VE table under Airflow for HP tuners correct? Do you make both primary and secondary tables the same? and what about cranking VE? What is done with this? Sorry for all the questions but im just learning and im thinking anout messing around with this stuff soon and just what to make shure im doing this right. Also (sorry if this is already posted) I heard you have to hit all the boxes for the logging process what am i looking at the ltfts or the stfts? Neither? I dont know please help!!!!
I correct both tables when doing a speed density tune. Be aware though, your car (99' right?) is running off the secondary table when it's not using the MAF.

I don't change the cranking VE table when dialing in the primary and secondary.

As far as logging, you won't be able to hit all the cells in the histogram so just try to hit as many as you can without going into PE mode (For part-throttle tuning). For WOT tuning you pretty much need a wideband to do it correctly.

While logging you're looking at both the LTFT's and STFT's. Basically, you'll drive around until your STFT's get as close to 0 as you can get them and then adjust your VE table for the LTFT correction and remaining STFT correction.
Example: STFT = -1, LTFT = 2
Correction = STFT + LTFT or (-1) + (2) = 1
Increase the value in the cell on the VE table by 1%

There are much better and much more detailed specifics on SD Tuning in the stickies. (written by people far more knowlegable than myself)

Search this Thread