Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
EFI calls it autotune....
HP Tuners calls it SD tuning...

its the same dam thing on both.....
both use AFR error % to tell you how far off the VE table is....

dam I'm bitchy tonight.....
the band is gonna hate me when I get off the tour bus here in an hour to go mix....

AutoVE. AutoTune is owned by someone else (non HPT or Live).
Old 02-11-2006, 08:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
AutoVE. AutoTune is owned by someone else (non HPT or Live).
whatever...
toe-may-toe
toe-mah-toe

its all just AFR error % tuning

and it works well on both platforms
Old 02-11-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

(hump) is there nothing you like about hptuners? is efi live on some other platform? they both tune a car. does efi do it faster, better, easier? the pcm's all have the same info, how can efi be so much better? learn to be humble. people see this. if i was in this guys position i would wonder. i dont like people that cant say anything nice about other people. i have never had a bad experience with hptuners. i have gotten inperson help before. i dont have to be a tunershop. i am a regular hobbiest. i think efi seems like a great product, but hptuners had what i needed when i made my decision. 98 support. you guys seem to be doing well. your just so damn pushy. like car salesmen.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
sound always gives props to both. you guys cant say one good thing about tuners (like way to go for ford and dodge tuning). anything. wow. lets push our products and bash everyone else. pretty sad.
You know, I did this on YOUR forum and guess what, it got locked... Here is a screen shot though if guys don't remember what I typed.

Also, I am curious bmf, besides HPT, what other tuning package have you owned personally and used on a constant basis. I know of several in this thread that own several and can make the statements we do.
TECH Junkie

whatever...
toe-may-toe
toe-mah-toe

its all just AFR error % tuning

and it works well on both platforms
Just trying to keep you honest.
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
is there nothing you like about hptuners? is efi live on some other platform?
Its not that I feel its my duty to complete what people have left out about such a great product. I have seen you do the same hypocrite much

they both tune a car. does efi do it faster, better, easier? the pcm's all have the same info, how can efi be so much better?
To date EFI has more available PIDs for scaning and more avaliable tables for tuning right SE?

learn to be humble. people see this. if i was in this guys position i would wonder.
Being passive hasnt gotten me anywhere on this site. Ive been there dont that and have failed mserable with the amount of locked threads by both parties

i dont like people that cant say anything nice about other people. i have never had a bad experience with hptuners.
Neither have I, I just chose to go with a product i felt was superior

i think efi seems like a great product, but hptuners had what i needed when i made my decision. 98 support. you guys seem to be doing well. your just so damn pushy. like car salesmen.

Sorry you feel that way I am just listing out everything that makes me happy about my purchase. I cant help that it makes you feel that way
Old 02-11-2006, 08:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
You know, I did this on YOUR forum and guess what, it got locked... Here is a screen shot though if guys don't remember what I typed.

Also, I am curious bmf, besides HPT, what other tuning package have you owned personally and used on a constant basis. I know of several in this thread that own several and can make the statements we do.

yea...I'm not to happy about that either...I posted something that they didnt like too....
but it is their site...so its their decision
Old 02-11-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

yea...I'm not to happy about that either...I posted something that they didnt like too....
but it is their site...so its their decision
Scott, I can finally say once I agree with you. I could have posted what you wrote, but out of respect for them/you I didn't. I personally think it sucks when you being a mod can't even express your concerns on your own forum.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
EFILive is the only way I fly. Free custom os's unprecedented customer attention/support. More available PIDs than the competition. CURRENTLY and in the FUTURE more standard features than the competiition (ie scanning, flashing, unlimted logging all from the interface box and to many more to list) better pricing (the competition will use voodoo math to try and sway you), only full tuning suite with custom operating sysstem for the GM duramax and soon to be LS2/Ls7/Allison transmission tuning. Who could ask for more I would go on all night but eventually I will prolly get silenced and me and my buddies will have to take a screen shot of this thread for our own personal archives
who's the hypocrite? your talking about ls2/ls7/allison transmissions & duramax custom Operating systems in this post but then a couple of posts down you say "I dont care about ford or dodge I own an LS1" exactly what is the difference? I doubt you'll be getting an ls7 or duramax anytime soon lol. Look guys we all know what each product has to offer the fact is in this thread we are getting way off track. For starters he doesnt even wanna go SD meaning 2 bar 3 bar 10 bar operating systems might not even be something that will attract him. The bottom line is no system out there currently available to the public is going to tune the car for you its still up the end end user. Both have forums, both offer great products...I would recommend either getting hptuners pro version or the std efilive box since you could upgrade later...hptuners in the long run in your current situation would save you a few bucks and if you decided to go the 2 bar route could save you a few hundred. Again both can get to the same point but its up to you the tuner to punch in the numbers. Either get back on track guys or you know what happens next.

lata
Bill
Old 02-11-2006, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

I will be getting an LS7 and Duramax tow truck shortly its GM and it applies Now ford or dodge I could care less about
Old 02-11-2006, 09:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be getting an LS7 and Duramax tow truck shortly its GM and it applies Now ford or dodge I could care less about
so whens the auction for your first born?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by foff667
so whens the auction for your first born?
He has to get laid first.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

who wants to start a thread where the only people who can respond are thoose that have owned both? I mean full on show me your reciepts both. It would help me decide. Ill create it if someone will make sure and delete all posts that dont have a picture of either both cables side by side or the reciepts. No EFI only people can post and no HPT only can post. better be the same camera that takes the pictures also.

Anyone think its a good idea? If you feel strongly one way or the other then get the pictures and post up.

Done with the Hi Jack.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Spenser309
who wants to start a thread where the only people who can respond are thoose that have owned both? I mean full on show me your reciepts both. It would help me decide. Ill create it if someone will make sure and delete all posts that dont have a picture of either both cables side by side or the reciepts. No EFI only people can post and no HPT only can post. better be the same camera that takes the pictures also.

Anyone think its a good idea? If you feel strongly one way or the other then get the pictures and post up.

Done with the Hi Jack.
Recommended it a long time ago, won't happen.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Ill start by positng my pic tonight
Old 02-11-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Ill start by positng my pic tonight

It better be bigger than a babies arm or your post will be deleted
Old 02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Some of you guys carry on too much, and show a bias a mile wide.

To be honest, I'd rather just see users post once, rather than carry on for a few pages.

I like the trade-in deal you can get with HPT, if they still do it.

And I have never owned EFI or HPT, but would pick HPT because I think the software is well done.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

And I have never owned EFI or HPT, but would pick HPT because I think the software is well done.

see i heard from a user, i would hand out his name but dont want him to get flamed for what he said in private, that the guy learned .net while he was writing the code for vs 1.7. I cant comment if this is a bad thing because ive never written much in .net, but with java, and c++, theres little things you can do to make the programs faster, less buggy, and take up less space.

However, aside from this you got to look at this from the broad spectrum of what these companies are actually doing. There doing something that the LS1 Computer wasnt supposed to do, or HACKING THE COMPUTER. Theres bound to be bugs, not only because of the embedded computers limits for memory and speed, but the fact that HPT and EFI both need to convert the file from binary to assembly. Like in any language change theres gonna be errors? Like how you say pimp in English dont have the same meaning in German.

Anyways, i just think yall need to look at this from the broad spectrum and stop being so closeminded. What you should be buying is not just the product but the support that goes with it. Look at linux for example, you can buy RED Hat linux for iono 100 bucks, but there tech support iono it aint perfect and it aint personal. Or you could buy Blue Cat(my father works for this company) at say 150 for 1 license, but the support and R&D with Blue Cat is a work of art. If windows dont cut it(predator) but you dont have any experience with almost realtime os's, and dont want to learn. Which do you choose?

of course if you have the need go for the stars and by LYNX OS. Realtime US Army approved, ran in the future combat systems, bullet train and mobile howlitzer loading system. KINDA like BS3. Iono ignore this last paragraph its me taking the **** to far.

Quick Reply: EFI live or HPtuners to tune a FI C5?